Do you love working with children and young people? If yes, you would be very useful to our Therapeutic Foster Care Team. The Therapeutic Foster Care Program at McMan Calgary & Area is in need of therapeutic foster parents for children aged 13 to 17. We are looking for temporary, loving homes for young people. To help these children grow and discover their abilities, they need caregivers who are receptive, devoted, and competent.
Mcman Foster Care Givers
- Communication skills
Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) is a family-based alternative to congregate care. Therapeutic Foster Parents (TFP) will be supporting the individualized and complex care needs of youth 13-17 years old in your home with ‘you’ in the parenting role.
Therapeutic Foster Parent’s are individuals who play a significant role in promoting the achievement of outcomes for children in their care. TFC will combine positive aspects of a nurturing and therapeutic family environment and therapeutic interventions. These foster parents recognize that every interaction between themselves and a child has the potential to be therapeutic and healing one. Therapeutic Foster Parent’s will focus on honouring cultural practices, well-being and building positive connections.
TFP’s will be fully supported by a team including a family specialist, team lead, youth worker, and a clinician. There may also be Elders, Cultural Knowledge Keepers and biological family involved. The Therapeutic Team provides support to develop and implement an individualized and child specific Therapeutic Care Plan and, where applicable, a culturally focused plan. TFP’s receive higher levels of specialized caregiver training beyond the current standard foster care requirements both pre- and post-placement. TFC model incorporates more agency supervision/guidance, coaching, and a high level of support (i.e., 24/7 telephone support and responsive 1:1 service for Therapeutic caregivers).
It is a necessity to have an understanding of trauma, it’s impact on the child and parenting the child based on the information. The trauma informed framework begins by a shift in thinking- going from “What is wrong with you?” to “What has happened to you?”
– Can you work as part of a professional team? (Strong communication skills, timely responses, organized, administrative task completion)
– Will you follow through on individualized plans, behavior strategies and recommendations?
– How will you accommodate differences in culture, religion, customs, diet?
– How will you meet the demands of parenting while ensuring you meet substantial training requirements?
Completion of the following steps:
Information Session & Application
– Initial In-Home Consultation
– PRIDE Pre-Service Online Training
– meeting developmental needs
– positive discipline strategies
– sexuality through the ages and stages
– supporting relationships between youth and their families
– working with the case team
– promoting cultural identity
– managing the caregiver experience
– SAFE Home Study Assessment
Approval and Licensing
Per Diem: Tax-free stipend that pays for the needs of the foster child and reimburses you for your parenting:
· $110 per night
· Rate includes: daily living costs, clothing, child allowance, personal care items
Required training compensation
The program also compensates individuals for specialized agency training and respite care. If you are interested in becoming a caregiver, please send in an application here https://mcmancalgary.applytojobs.ca/care givers/19174.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $109.00-$110.00 per day
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!