The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Administration Assistant ( Transport) reports to a Administration Officer and Head of Unit.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
• Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
• Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
\• Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
• Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
• Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
• Guide, train and supervise more junior staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education:
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language:Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Shona/ Ndebele.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to produce well organised reports and/or records, put together independently with only general guidance.
• Must be able to produce organized work with accurate information and databases; and be able to efficiently supervise a team of staff in the work unit.
• Demonstrate sound judgment; ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data and to resolve operational problems. Ability to work with minimum of supervision; to supervise and train support staff; and to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure;
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others and to have a high sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
• Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members