Applications are open for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Coding for Employment Program 2021. The AfDB Coding for Employment program will train over 500 digital ambassadors to lead a peer-to-peer training model set to expand digital skills to more African youth, especially in rural communities with limited internet connectivity.
Coding for Employment and its technical partners, Microsoft Philanthropies, will offer the digital ambassadors an intensive three-month program featuring in-demand skills, such as web design and digital marketing, as well as soft skills such as critical thinking, project management and communication.
About African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
Established to promote economic and social development efforts on the continent, the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group comprises three entities: the African Development Bank (AfDB) which is the parent institution, created following an agreement signed by 23 founding member states on August 14, 1963 in Khartoum, Sudan. This became effective on September 10, 1964. The group includes two concessionary windows – the African Development Fund (ADF), established on November 29, 1972 by the African Development Bank and 13 non-African countries; and the Nigeria Trust Fund (NTF)……..READ MORE
Aim and Benefits of AfDB Coding for Employment Program
- Digital ambassadors will receive stipends and have access to the digital skills training centers in Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, and Rwanda.
- They will also have access to a network of employers, private sector partners and freelancing platforms.
Requirements for AfDB Coding for Employment Program Qualification
- Applicants should be aged between 18 and 35 years;
- They are expected to be proficient in English or French;
- Must be citizens of Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Nigeria, or Senegal.
December 31, 2021
How to Apply
Register to become a Coding for Employment digital ambassador:
- French form: https://forms.office.com/r/jzpLsdPcEB(link is external)
- English form: https://forms.office.com/r/1TVYzErAr5
For more details, visit AfDB website.
BMZ AFRICAN-GERMAN LEADERSHIP ACADEMY 2022: Innovative training for mid-career professionals from Germany and Africa