Africa Development Bank Amazing Short-Term Staff Careers at (AFDB) ( High School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree required)
Africa Development Bank (AFDB) Short Term Staff Careers at ( High School Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree required)
SHORT-TERM STAFF ( STS)
Grade : GS3/4/5/6/7/8
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
also read: 9 Free Legit Online Caregiver Courses With Certificates For 2023 |Apply Now|
From time to time, the Bank requires services provided by contingent staff, other than its own permanent or regular staff to support additional activities or work not projected in the normal work program; cover for regular staff who are absent over longer periods, and cover temporarily gaps created by vacant positions, within the time limits set by the Bank.
Applications submitted are regarded as spontaneous and will be used to populate our database for short-term opportunities in the Bank.
General competencies and profile sought
The Bank is looking for skills in the following areas, but it should be noted that the list is not exhaustive:
- Power, Energy, Climate, and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human, and Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure, and Industrialization
- Strategy and Operational Policies
- Economic Governance and Knowledge Management
- Corporate Services and Human Resources
- Development Evaluation
- Legal Services
- Risks Management
- Integrity and Anti-Corruption
- Communications and External relations
also read : Germany 8 Most Effective Free Ways for Foreign Jobseekers to Get a Job.
The targeted positions are as follows:
- Accounts Assistant
- Administrative Assistant (Support in various departments)
- Audio Visual Technician
- Audit Assistant
- Budget Assistant
- Building Technician
- Business Analyst
- Catering, Logistics
- Communications Assistant
- Corporate Card Assistant
- Data Analyst (In various departments)
- Data Entry Assistant
- Desktop Publisher
- Event and Conference Management Assistant
- Ethics Assistant
- Finance Assistant (In various departments)
- Fixed Assets Management Assistant
- Help Desk Assistant
- Human Resources Assistant (In various HR positions)
- Information Technology Assistant
- Information Security Assistant
- Insurance Assistant
- Language Services Assistant (Interpretation, Translation)
- Learning and Development Assistant
- Legal Assistant
- Medical Services: Midwife, Nurse, Laboratory Assistant etc.
- Office Clerk
- Operations Assistant (Support in various departments).
- Portfolio data Analyst (Support in various departments)
- Procurement/Contracts Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Protocol Assistant
- Records Management and Archives Assistant
- Research Assistant
- Secretarial services
- Security Assistant
- Statistics & Research Assistant
- Team and Unit Assistants (Support in various departments)
- Travel Assistant
- Training Assistant
- Treasury Assistant
- Web Design Assistant
- Others (please specify)
also read : The 5 Best Engineering Jobs In The UK With Visa Sponsorship And Relocation Support Apply Now
The Bank aims to recruit candidates who possess an adequate academic background, training, experience, technical depth, and breadth in the required disciplines.
Also read: Work and Holiday Visa 417 to permanent residency Australia
Under the overall supervision of the Director, a Manager, or a Team Leader, the Short-Term Staff will carry out duties as outlined in the Terms of Reference (ToR) for each specific position.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The terms and conditions of the Short-Term appointment are stipulated in the letter of offer that will be signed by the recruited Short-Term Staff (STS).
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience, and knowledge):
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with a minimum relevant experience of four (4) years for (GS5/6), five (5) years for (GS7), and six (6) years for (GS8) grade levels.
- Hold at least a High School Diploma, with a minimum of three (3) years of experience for (GS3/4) grade levels e.g., Driver, Office Clerk.
- Experience in international organizations will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of administration and office support services, including systems and procedures.
- Good coordination skills – methodical and self-organized.
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service-focused reception and administration service.
- Good interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to think proactively and respond to urgent requests.
- Flexibility to adapt, positive attitude toward change, and a constructive and creative approach to problem-solving.
also read: Top leading UK Visa Sponsorship for Employers
- Problem -Solving
- Client Orientation
- Team working
- Operational Effectiveness
- Innovation and Creativity
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency /good written and oral skills in English and/or French languages
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies, etc.)
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE OFFERED A SHORT-TERM STAFF SERVICE CONTRACT (STS) AS REQUIRED, BASED ON PERFORMANCE AND THE INSTITUTION’S NEEDS. THIS IS NOT CONSIDERED A REGULAR POSITION OF THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct: HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
Also read: List Of Approved Companies Offering Full Visa Sponsorship Hospitality Jobs In Canada For 2023 -Apply Now
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for any position will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The African Development Bank is an equal-opportunity employer, therefore, Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publication of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever
APPLY HERE https://unitednationscareers.com/short-term-staff-careers-at-africa-development-bank-afdb-high-school-diploma-or-bachelors-degree-required/
Join Our Telegram | Follow Us On Linkedin | Also, Follow Us On Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God Bless And All The Best !!