African Union Internships; The purpose of the African Union Commission (AUC) Internships is to provide graduate students with a chance to gain exposure to the work of the AUC in the hopes that some will be interested in returning to the AUC for a career after completing their studies.
It is somewhat designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation.
The objective of Internship Program is to offer a small group of outstanding graduate-level and final year students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to real work experience.
They are designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation, but also complement other international studies, including law. Related are Internships for international students
It will help the young interns working through advocacy, training and research in the areas of Governance, Human Rights, Peace & Security, Environment, Gender, Social& Economic Development, there are internships sporadically which are suitable.
1. Applicants must be only from member states of the African Union.
2. Applicants must be full-time students currently in their last year of their Bachelors degree or enrolled in a Master’ or PhD program.
3. Languages: Applicants must be fluent at least in one of the African Unions official languages.
4. Computer skills: Ability to use office-related software (MS Office).
5. Attitude: An awareness of the many facets of a multicultural world and a commitment to international public service are essential.
6. Availability: The duration of an internship must be for no more than three months with a possibility of extension for three more months subject to a strong justification by the hosting Department/Division.