EU MEMBER STATES
31 JANUARY 2023
BOTH EU AND NO-EU NATIONALS
One Young World is inviting applications for the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2023.
This prestigious scholarship will enable 5 outstanding young leaders from around the worls to attend the One Young World Summit in Belfast, United Kingdom on 2 – 5 October 2023.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on tackling these challenges, by either reducing the causes and effects of climate change, or improving the education, skills, and access to opportunities, in their communities, countries, or the world at large.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship comes as today’s increasingly complex global challenges which require a better, more sustainable future, for both people and planet.
One of the most pressing of these challenges is the climate crisis. Deloitte believes that investing in education and skills is key to empowering individuals, nations, and society to face the challenges of tomorrow.
However, millions of people around the world are held back by educational inequality, with 800 million youth today not predicted to have even the basic skills to succeed in the workforce by 2030.
Deloitte believes in the need for a better, more sustainable, future within which every individual is empowered, uplifted, and able to achieve their full potential.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, Deloitte is proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2023.
Benefits of the scholarship
Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast
- Travel restrictions permitting
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 1 and 5 (inclusive) October, 2023
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast (economy class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit)
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
Who can Apply?
- Aged 18 – 30 (see condition below).
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address either climate and environmental challenges, or education and skills-based challenges
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage.
Deloitte are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsorship Unskilled Jobs In UK 2023
How to Apply
If you have any queries and would like further information, kindly visit the FAQs page.
To apply for the scholarship, please visit Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2023.
The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Create, scale, or support efforts that reduce carbon emissions
- Reduce the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts
- Empower individuals within the community or around the world to take climate action
- Plan and strategize around reducing climate change-related natural disaster impacts and strengthening resiliency
- Improve access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, women and girls, and disadvantaged youth.
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerate entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
Application deadline: 31 January 2023
God bless and All the best!!