Primary School Receptionists are the face of a school. They greet students, parents and other visitors as they enter the building each day. They may also be responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments and handling other general administrative tasks.
School receptionists play an important role in maintaining a positive image for their school. They interact with people on a daily basis and often have a chance to make a lasting impression. This makes them an ideal point of contact for resolving any issues that arise between a student or parent and the school’s administration.
ALSO READ: Job Vacancy For Live Chat Agents At Red Label Vacations In Canada |Remote Work| 2023 -Apply Online
Primary School Receptionist Job Duties
A school receptionist typically has a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Interacting with teachers and other staff members to answer questions or resolve issues
- Providing administrative support to school principals by managing their calendars and arranging meetings with staff members
- Coordinating school events such as parent meetings, school plays, and field trips
- Collecting and distributing mail and messages to teachers and staff members
- Answering phones and greeting visitors when they arrive at the school office
- Maintaining school records such as class rosters and student transcripts
- Handling cash transactions such as issuing lunch tickets or collecting fees for field trips
- Providing basic customer service such as answering phones, greeting visitors, and scheduling appointments
- Receiving, processing, and responding to student paperwork such as enrollment forms, disciplinary notices, and letters from parents or guardians
Primary School Receptionist
|20 July 2023
|£12.50 to £14.00 per hour
|19 August 2023
|Preston, Lancashire, PR13NU
|Hays Specialist Recruitment
PRIMARY SCHOOL RECEPTIONIST NEEDED – SEPTEMBER 2023 – APPLY NOW!
Your new company
A primary school in Preston are looking for a receptionist to join their team. The role is Monday to Friday and is 8 am till 4 pm on a time sheet basis and term time only. The role is to start in September 2023.
Your new role
You will be based on reception to the school dealing with answering the phone, taking messages and transferring calls as well as meeting and greeting visitors to the school. You will also be carrying out general administration work as and when required such as typing letters and ordering school lunches.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will need to have a high level of communication and IT skills and be able to work quickly under your initiative. You will also have recent satisfactory references for carrying out a similar placement within the last 2 years. You will also need to have an up-to-date DBS check; the school can’t accept any applicants without this (Hays can provide one if needed)
What you’ll get in return
You will have your very own dedicated consultant that work exclusively with schools in the Lancashire area. They will support you throughout your career and help secure reoccurring temporary or a permanent position should this be something you require. Working through Hays you will also receive a range of employee benefits including free CPD as well as advice and support on CV writing and interview techniques.
ALSO READ: 2023 Shipping And Receiving Clerk Positions Available At Sunwest Screen Graphics In Canada: Apply!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best !!