What is the Absa Fellowship Programme?
The Fellowship aims to:
- Advance education
- Drive transformative collaboration
- Develop capable leadership
- Facilitate progressive thinking
The Absa Fellowship journey will coincide with the duration of a student’s undergraduate studies, with candidates ultimately emerging as private or public sector leaders in their chosen industries; able to actively shape their societies, promote sustainability and bring possibility to life in ways that the world hasn’t seen before.
What does the Fellowship offer?
The Absa Fellowship Programme is much more than an ordinary scholarship or bursary initiative. While successful candidates will receive financial support towards their academic studies, they are expected to actively participate in a specially curated leadership development programme created by Absa.
The following will be covered:
- Full tuition
- Textbooks & Educational equipment
- Monthly stipend
- Meal allowance
- Travel (if required)
- Learner modules and guides
- Online lectures and assessments
- Emotional wellness check-in sessions, academic tutoring and mentoring
The Fellowship will provide a platform for participants to “engage the world to change the world” by creating their own content and posing their own questions. The Fellowship will also offer an involved emotional and academic wellness support structure.
What are the criteria to apply?
- A catalyst for change
- Brave and ready to embrace possibility
- Ethical and socially conscious
- Studying towards an undergraduate degree in:
- Creative Arts
- Humanities (Social Sciences)
- Digital/Data Design
- A strong student with a matric average of 65% or more
- Between the age of 18 and 25 years
- Entering the first year of tertiary studies, with provisional or full acceptance from Absa’s pre-selected universities.