- DEADLINE September 16, 2020
- TIME LEFT 7 Days
- ADD TO CALENDAR Google Calendar
- REGION United States
The International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) Young Professionals Group (YPG) calls on young professionals and students from around the world to create a blog post exploring how COVID-19 exposed the fragilities and strengths of waste management worldwide. Take part to win the publication at Waste Management World Magazine and win a yearly ISWA membership. Apply for the ISWA YPG Blog Writing Competition 2020.
The theme of this year’s competition, ‘Impacts and opportunities from COVID-19’, is a challenge for all of us to join the ongoing discussion aimed at improving waste and resource management – minimize waste generation, improve resilience and unveil the excellence of the ground workforce.
This Blog Writing competition fits perfectly with the ISWA YPG’s 2020 flagship project #TheFaceBehindMyWaste which is a global campaign to celebrate the people who collect waste all around the world. Increasing knowledge on the conditions of people working in waste during COVID-19 pandemic and get their ideas about how to prevent waste generation and improve collection and separation.
Bloggers are challenged to envision how individuals, communities, waste management companies, municipalities, and government can increase the resilience of the waste sector and share best practices.
Entries should be original, engaging, passionate, and no longer than 600 words. Participants can increase their chances of winning by promoting their posts on social media, as the resonance of blogs will be considered by the judges.
- 1st winner – Blog publication at Waste Management World magazine and ISWA website – blog section. A two-year individual ISWA membership (worth up to €400)
- 2nd winner – a one-year individual ISWA membership (worth up to €200)
- 3rd Winner – a one-year individual ISWA membership (worth up to €200)
- Entries must be in English. Writing should be concise and correct. British or American spelling is accepted if used consistently throughout the post.
- Entrants must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Entries must be submitted by the author and not on someone else’s behalf.
- Each entrant may only submit one blog post.
- The blog post must be original.
- All sources must be cited using either APA or Chicago style.
- It is not a requirement to be a member of ISWA. However, participants (especially those who are considering a career in the waste industry) are encouraged to join ISWA to access invaluable benefits and support to progress in their careers. Discounted participation rates to ISWA events and Congresses are available to students.
Eligible Regions: Open for
To enter the competition, bloggers should:
- Write a compelling blog post up to 600 words (excluding citations and figures) on this year’s theme, ‘Impacts and opportunities from COVID-19’’.
- Post the blog post on Facebook, your own website, or LinkedIn. Participants MUST do the following:
- Make sure that the post can be viewed by the public. Follow this link to learn how to make a specific post public on Facebook.
- Include the following text at the end of the post – This blog has been submitted to the 2020 ISWA YPG Blog-writing Competition. The ISWA Young Professionals Group is dedicated to (and coordinated by) young professionals to encourage them to be proactive and support them in building their careers in the waste industry.
- Use the hashtags #ISWAYPGblog2020 and #TheFaceBehindMyWaste
- Fill in the form – with:
- Blog in a PDF document.
- Short biography (50 words).
- List of links of blog posts.
- For queries send an email to ypg(at)iswa.org with the email’s subject: ISWAYPGblog2020_First Name_Last Name.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries that are disqualified or which are not received for whatever reason.
Application Deadline: October 2, 2020 (24 Days Remaining)[Button id=”3″]