Veterinary technicians work for veterinary practices, hospitals, zoos, and research laboratories where they draw blood, assist with medical procedures, and administer medications. Also known as a licensed veterinary technician or LVT.
Rosslyn Veterinary Clinic is looking to hire a competent veterinary technician to provide compassionate patient care and positive client experiences. The veterinary technician will provide critical care nursing, triage patients, coordinate their care, and provide them with care before and after surgery by taking their vitals, performing phlebotomy duties, and providing intramuscular (IM), intravenous (IV) and subcutaneous (SQ) injections. You will discuss treatments and disease processes with clients, systematize and track patient diagnostics, and communicate with clients, veterinarians and pharmacies regarding patients’ needs.
To ensure success in this position, you need to be meticulous and compassionate to provide patients with the highest level of care. Preferred applicants are motivated, empathetic and detail-oriented.
Veterinary Technician Responsibilities:
- Triaging patients and taking their vitals, and acquiring patient history and other information from clients.
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures.
- Discussing treatment plans and estimates, and payment options with clients.
- Acquiring cephalic, saphenous, and jugular blood samples.
- Inserting IV catheters, and monitoring anesthesia, ventilators, and fluid therapy.
- Operating autoclaves and Anprolene sterilizers.
- Processing specimens in the in-house laboratory and submitting specimens to outside laboratories.
- Calculating medication dosages, and providing dosage instructions for clients.
- Entering patients’ service charges into the computer database and keeping accurate patient records.
- Explaining patient instructions to clients and sharing educational materials.
Veterinary Technician Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or higher in veterinary technology from an accredited school.
- 2+ years of work experience as a veterinary technician.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong affinity for animals.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Undeterred by being scratched and bitten by patients.
- Team player.
Registered Veterinary Technician – Urgent Care
Rosslyn Veterinary Clinic
- Flexible schedule
CALLING ALL RVTs!!! Are you looking for the occasional supplemental evening shift? Want to work today and get paid tomorrow? Urgent Pet Care – Tudor Glen is the place for you!
Urgent Pet Care believes our clients need options for their furry family members for after-hours urgent care. Shifts are flexible and are scheduled from 7:00pm – 11:00pm. Bring your pets to work with you! We have a large and quiet room dedicated for your pet during during a shift.
Make $150 for a 4 hour shift, plus an additional $150 bonus on your first shift with us!
For more information on shifts or to apply, please send us your resume!
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $37.50 per hour
- Flexible schedule
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 4 hour shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Work Location: In person
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!