Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program-APPLY
The objective of the Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program is to develop and prepare young talent to take up employment opportunities that come up in the Kenyan Banking and Financial Sector. The Internship Program also provides participants with an excellent opportunity to gain workplace experience, expand knowledge, refine career goals and build professional networks, including mentors and valuable contacts.
In line with its mandate of maintaining stability and fostering a stable financial system, the Central Bank of Kenya has been running an Internship Program that seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to Central and Commercial banking operations. The Internship Program runs for six (6) months after which the candidates are released to pursue opportunities in the job market.
- A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Banking, Accounting, Micro-Finance, Management or Social Sciences, Law, or related discipline or a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Kenyan between 21 and 29 years of age;
- Must have graduated within the last 24 months from the closing date of the advertisement and/or awaiting graduation;
- Applicants must provide a recommendation/reference letter from the university attended; and
- Should not have undertaken any other Internship Program or been exposed to work-place experience related to their area of study since graduating.
- Should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, focused, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems
- Should possess high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Must be computer proficient.
CBK hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for the Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program. Opportunities are available in the following functions; Finance, Research, Banking and Payment Services, Human Resources, Communications, and Legal Services. Those interested are requested to submit their online applications using the link https://careers.centralbank.go.ke:8443, attaching a duly completed program application form, copies of academic certificates, transcripts/documents, and a recommendation/reference letter from your learning institution. The application must be received on or before September 23, 2021.
Applicants are requested to note the following important information:
- The Bank WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the Internship Program. However, applicants who successfully complete the program are allowed to apply for any positions the Bank advertises after completion of the Internship Program.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete the six months’ Internship Program without a break to fully benefit from the objectives of the program.
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered; and
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• CBK does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
• Any kind of canvassing by applicants will lead to instant disqualification.
• All applications MUST be submitted through the Bank’s online recruitment system.
For assistance on how to use the Careers Portal, please call (+254) 020 286 3932/1308/1328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the Central Bank of Kenya’s careers portal. To view and apply for current job openings, kindly click the following link: Careers Portal