Commercial assistant provides assistance and training to the facilities management team to ensure a passing score on the Jones Lang LaSalle operational audit.
Commercial Assistant responsibilities for this position include:
- Drafting and reviewing change requests and change notes
- Assisting the Commercial Director with drawing up variations to our standard terms of business as requested
- Reviewing and negotiating client and supplier contracts through to closure
- Providing advice and support at all stages, including variations and contract claims
- Visiting ITR Premises in Maidenhead from time to time to update and advise sales team on specific agreements and contract negotiation
- Reviewing, interpreting and advising on existing contracts
- Covering the contracts team when on holiday or absence with validating and processing permanent and contract placements, in line with the correct work flow, legislation and best business practice
- Assisting the Contracts team with production, drafting and issuing of contract/letter related documentation for new contracts, extension, or other communications
- Working continuously to strategically expand, preserve or improve the company’s procedures, standards or policies while sticking to business edicts and regulatory guidelines
- Sales Channel reporting
US Embassy and Consulates in Canada
- Writing skills
- Communication skills
- Driving Licence
- Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM LE-09 is equivalent to FP-05 – Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Open to interested candidates
Security Clearance Required:
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (Three weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Travel as required to meet job requirements.
Commercial Assistant (Apprentice level) is responsible for representing the United States Department of Commerce (USDOC), United States and Foreign Commercial Service (USFCS) in Calgary, Alberta, with responsibilities covering the provinces of British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. Serves as a professional analyst and advisor to the U.S. staff in planning, organizing, and administering programs to facilitate the marketing of U.S. goods and services. ‘
Assists U.S. firms by developing and organizing marketing strategies, including market research and reporting, planning trade promotion events, identifying, and leveraging trade opportunities, and bringing U.S. and host country business representatives together, under the supervision and/or support of the Principal Commercial Officers and/or the more senior Commercial Specialist.
Analyzes market trends and evaluates market research involving the sectors for which responsible. Performs research and prepares complex factual and analytical reports on a variety of matters affecting U.S. exports and trade in assigned industry sectors.
Develops and maintains professional and social relationships and consultative contacts (working-to-mid levels) to gain cooperation on trade and investment matters. Advise U.S. and host country clients on each other’s regulation as they affect trade and investment opportunities.
Informs host country officials and business organizations about U.S. legislation, regulation and practices pertaining to foreign trade.
Is responsible for developing and implementing inbound investment promotions events and activities within their sectors of responsibility. Advocates for U.S. trade interests by implementing projects, identifying appropriate actions, and resolving trade problems. Investigates trade complaints in assigned industry sectors and makes recommendations for resolution.
The incumbent has responsibility for the complex and emerging industrial sectors representing high potential for U.S. exporters and requiring advocacy and addressing market access issues. Assigned industry sectors include industrial sectors (such as mining and chemicals), services sectors (such as Education, and Travel & Tourism), Consumer Goods, emerging sectors (such as environmental technologies, and healthcare services). May be assigned other complex sectors as needed, and will work with other commercial specialists to cover all industry requests. May provide guidance to interns and contractors.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of work experience in business, government, or industry association in one or more fields of marketing, international trade, economics, trade promotions, and marketing analysis/research.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of the host country’s economy, commercial and industrial structures, business and industry customs and practices, trade and investment laws, regulation, and policies. Working knowledge of international trade (terms and procedures). Understanding of legislation, rules and regulations affecting trade and investment.
Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics, marketing, international trade or international affair or host country equivalent is required.
LANGUAGE: Fluent (Level IV) writing/speaking/reading in English. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to remain composed, professional and productive even in demanding circumstances. Treat all with respect and demonstrates sensitivity to status, protocol relationships and chain of command.
Must interact effectively in official encounters. Must have good basic writing skills to draft simple letters and be able to type 40 words per minute. Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to perform duties with discretion. Must have excellent organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and be able to work well under pressure.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Canada may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
The US Missions offer competitive salary, robust benefits, professional development and celebration of American and Canadian holidays.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Low Risk/Non-Sensitive clearance.
Candidates who do not provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada will not be considered.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)(if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Passport copy
- Degree with transcript
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Proof of eligibility to legally reside and/or work in Canada, such as a copy of Canadian passport, citizenship certificate, permanent residency and/or work permit
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Canada.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!