All Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK host organisation working in their sector for a programme of professional development.
Purpose: To provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
Intended beneficiaries: Mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organisations in low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
ALSO READ: Bar Manager Jobs In The United Kingdom With Work Permit And Valid Certificate Of Sponsorship From An Employer For 2023/24 – Apply Now
Host organisation programmes
University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde’s programme is based in the Chemical and Process Engineering Department and will offer fellows the opportunity to develop new networks and collaborations through existing host connections. Through this programme, Fellows will be immersed in the department’s research ambiance which will engender new concepts and ideas, proliferate collaborations and networks as well as reveal new knowhow to address challenges and fulfil COP26 vision.
Fellows can expect to develop skills in; ideas generation, collaborating and co-operation; debates; self-study and public speaking. The group has a wealth of ongoing research involving decarbonising of materials and processes, renewable energy generation through national research centres (PNDC, AFRC and NMIS) and innovation hubs (Glasgow City Innovation District). Upon return home fellows can build on relationships built during the fellowship to carry out collaborative undertaking to implement decarbonised process and products.
ALSO READ: Verified Truck Driver Work Permit Visa In Canada For International Applicants For 2023 -Apply Now
Find out more: Energy | University of Strathclyde
University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh’s programme is based within the Edinburgh Earth Initiative (EEI) and will provide a programme of interdisciplinary training and professional development to catalyse UK-India multi-faceted collaborations on respiratory health and climate change, and promote context appropriate interventions in urban India.
Hosted by the University of Edinburgh’s Earth Initiative – a flagship platform for accelerating global partnerships and research impact on clean energy, clean air and clean oceans – the Fellows will join a community of professionals and researchers working with South Asia partner institutions. Each Fellow will work with a University of Edinburgh mentor matched and paired on the basis of background experiences, disciplinary interests and specific interests. Fellowship activities will span issues around clean air, science, technology, innovation and public policy – with an underpinning focus on the intersection between access to clean air and gender.
The University of Edinburgh are seeking professionals working at the intersections of climate, health, and air pollution in India with varied areas of expertise in science, technology, innovation and public policy.
ALSO READ: The UK Government is inviting applications for 2,400 visa applications under the India Young Professionals Scheme. Apply Now!
University of Salford
The University of Salford programme’s is based in the Energy House 2.0 project and focuses on the relationship between the built environment and climate change in Uganda with an emphasis on Clean Air and Clean Energy in public buildings (hospital and schools) and domestic dwellings used by Uganda’s poor.
We will link organisations working in this very new field to Energy House; an exciting new development at Salford University, and in particular to a new program on Sustainable Building. By drawing together Commonwealth Fellows with experience in the field and exposure to key actors we will identify affordable and sustainable ways of improving the design of new build and potential adaptations to existing infrastructure to reduce energy consumption, increase use of renewable energy and water supplies and improve ventilation.
ALSO READ: 2023 Mawazo Fellowship Programme For African Women Detailed Application Guidelines For March 2023- Apply Now
Knowledge 4 Change
The Knowledge 4 Change programme takes a holistic approach combining an interest in the impact of deforestation on climate change and the impacts of the use of wood and charcoal as the primary fuels used in cooking on human health and especially women and children.
Changing the behaviour of the poorest in Uganda to encourage different approaches to daily cooking requires a multi-professional team focusing on awareness-raising of the health and environmental implications of current practices and identifying optimal and affordable devices (stoves). Fellows Commonwealth will work as a team to identify behaviour change and awareness-raising mechanisms and create an evidence base to promote alternative fuels and stoves.
Lifegate Outreach Centre
Lifegate Outreach Centre’s fellowship programme will be a continuous professional development course of work. Fellows will be exposed to a range of activities that will ensure the best opportunity for the transfer of knowledge, skills and experience. The approach will encompass desk-based research, tailored training, practical hands-on training/workshop (where applicable), conference participation, presentation of work progress, mentoring, knowledge exchange project plan development and secondment (i.e., practitioner to practitioner shadowing at relevant organisations).
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective fellows must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship Commonwealth
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer). Prospective Fellows will be contacted directly by the CSC if required to submit references. The Host organisation Fellows are applying to might also contact them to request a reference when considering their application
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award) Commonwealth
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject Commonwealth
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates
In addition to the above, prospective fellows must ensure they meet any eligibility criteria set out by each individual host organisation.
Antigua and Barbuda
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent and The Grenadines
ALSO READ: Top leading Easiest Immigrant-friendly destination Countries to Move to for Immigrants and Expats 2023.
In the application form, prospective fellows will be asked to:
- List all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications obtained (where applicable)
- List up to 10 publications and prizes (if applicable)
- Provide details of your employment history and explain how each job is relevant to the programme you wish to undertake in the UK (up to 100 words per employment)
- Provide a statement on the relevance of your previous work experience to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words)Commonwealth
- Provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
In the first part (up to 200 words) you should explain how your proposed Fellowship relates to:
ALSO READ: Here Is A Quick Way To Apply For General Labour Jobs In Australia With Visa Sponsorship For 2023
To see a list of previous Commonwealth Fellowship hosts please visit our Professional Fellowship Host Organisation page.
God bless and All the best !!