Communication and Advocacy Specialist Jobs At Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) 2023 – Apply Online
Communication and Advocacy Specialist Jobs At Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) 2023- The Food Systems Summit (hereinafter FSS), held during the 2021 UN General Assembly, set the stage for global food systems transformation to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
Under the leadership of the Secretary-General, the FSS made it clear that transformative action in food systems is fundamental to achieving the SDGs. As a follow up to the Summit, the UN Secretary-General has committed the UN system to establish a UN Food Systems Coordination Hub (hereafter the Hub) to support countries implementing food system transformation pathways towards the achievement of the 2030 Agenda. The hub is hosted by FAO in Rome on behalf of the UN System.
ALSO READ: New Approved Coca-Cola Jobs Around the World 2023- Apply Now
The Hub has a coordinating and connector role drawing on the capacities of the UN system and leveraging on the advice and expertise from a wider ecosystem of support, serving countries, by incentivizing existing institutions to deliver on their mandates in a systemic way. In this context, the Hub covers six key functions:
• Facilitate Implementation of National Pathways
• Strengthen Strategic Thought Leadership
• Engage Collective Ecosystem of Support
• Leverage Means of Implementation
• Communicate & Advocate Food Systems Approach
• Prepare for the 2023 Stocktaking Moment
The Communication and Advocacy Specialist will support the UN Food System Coordination Hub team operationalizing and implementing the hub work plan bringing a mix of experience and expertise in the area of communication and advocacy.
The Consultant/PSA will report to the Deputy Director of the UN Food Systems Coordination Hub or to other technical officers.
Communication and Advocacy
Tasks and responsibilities
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsorship UK Farm Working Jobs 2023 – Apply Online
In close collaboration with OCC branches and focal points, the incumbent will:
• Develop/update and implement specific activities of the Hub’s communication and advocacy plan.
• Provide substantive inputs and support for the communication and advocacy tasks required for the organization of the Food Systems Stocktaking Moment.
• Increase awareness of the work and achievements of the Hub within the Food Systems National Convenors, the UN system, the Food Systems Ecosystem of support and general public.
• Promote and advocate food-systems messages as per the work of the UN Food Systems Summit Coordination Hub.
• Prepare key messages for multiple stakeholders through a participatory process, specifically targeting vulnerable groups.
• Review the web site of and the Hub and upon request enhance the structure/content to correspond to the work of the Hub.
• Support preparation, production, and dissemination of engaging multimedia material on issues related to agrifood systems to be used on corporate multilingual social media channels.
• Support public communications activities through the drafting of talking points, speeches, press releases, interviews, events, photos, and other communication products, including submission of country focus and other requests to the Hub.
• Assist with the revision and editing of texts and/or documents to be published by the team.
• Assist with the dissemination of results of programs, projects and activities undertaken by the Hub.
• Support the organization of press conferences when new reports are launched and prepare press releases with key takeaways from these reports.
• Support the organization of advocacy events (prepare concept notes, programs, and agendas, liaise with potential speakers etc.)
• Support advocacy within the UN System to ensure continued commitment and prioritization of a “food systems” approach by UN agencies.
• Perform other related tasks as per request
ALSO READ: International Registered Nurse (RN) – Visa Sponsorship to USA 2023 – Apply Online Now
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in communications, advocacy, public relations, marketing, sustainable development, or related areas.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in communication and advocacy work in the areas of sustainable development and/or agrifood systems.
• Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian for Consultants. Working knowledge of English is sufficient for PSA.SBS.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work
• Knowledge of the content of UN Food Systems Coordination Hub and SDG Agenda
• Excellent writing and communication skills as can be proved by relevant records
• Familiarity with the work of FAO or other UN or multilateral organizations
APPLY HERE ON ORGANIZATION SITE
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Cleaning Jobs in New Zealand 2023 – Apply Online
Join Our Telegram | Follow Us On Linkedin | Also, Follow Us On Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God Bless And All The Best !!