Complete Guide To Obtaining A Visa For Vietnam For 2023
INTERNATIONAL JOB SEEKERS
Foreigners who want to visit Vietnam will likely have to apply for a Vietnam Visa, unless they are from a country exempted from visa requirements.
If you do need a visa, there are three ways you can apply for it. The Vietnamese government has facilitated the process greatly by issuing a Visa On Arrival as well as a Vietnam eVisa (for certain nationals). Those who are not eligible for the eVisa or want to have a visa on their passport before they travel to can also apply from an Embassy in their country.
This article will detail the Vietnam visa policy, the visa application process, the types of Vietnm Visas, and the requirements.
ALSO READ:The 5 Best Engineering Jobs In The UK With Visa Sponsorship And Relocation Support Apply Now
What Are the Types of Vietnam Visas?
The Vietnam Immigration Department issues the following types to foreigners wishing to enter Vietnm:
- Vietnam Tourist Visa (DL), which is issued to foreigners entering for tourism and recreational purposes, not related to business/studying, etc.
- Vietam Business Visa (DN), which is a short-term visa issued to business people who will enter to attend a meeting, hold a conference, or other business-related purposes.
- Vietnam Work Visa (DN/LD), which is issued to foreigners entering in order to work or conduct business with a Vietnamese company.
- Vietam Student or Internship Visa (DH), which is issued to foreigners who are either to study in a Vietnamese educational institution or to do an internship.
- Vietnam Diplomatic Visa (NG1 – NG4), which is issued to foreign diplomats or government officials and their accompanying/visiting family members.
ALSO READ: Germany 8 Most Effective Free Ways for Foreign Jobseekers to Get a Job.
What are the Vietnam Visa Requirements?
When you apply for a Vietnm visa, you must have several documents to support your application. They include:
- Your passport, which has at least another six months’ validity.
- Passport-size pictures, taken recently with the following specifications:
- Size: 4 cm x 6 cm
- White background
- You must be centered in the picture, staring ahead with a neutral facial expression
- If you wear headgear for religious purposes or you have a wig, you may keep it in the picture but must also be wearing on arrival
- You must not be wearing any glasses
- The Vietnam Visa Application Form. Depending on which country you are applying from, you can either download it or get the Visa Application Form at the Embassy/Consulate.
- Proof you have paid the Visa fee
- Any other additional documents that the Embassy/Consulate may require.
Sponsorship from someone in , depending on the reason why you are traveling.
If you are applying for Vietnam Visa On Arrival:
Pre-obtained Letter of Approval
Entry and Exit Form (many also refer to this as a Visa Application Form). You will receive this on the airplane and you have to complete it before handing it in at the Immigration Officers at the port of entry
ALSO READ: List Of Approved Companies Offering Full Visa Sponsorship Hospitality Jobs In Canada For 2023 -Apply Now
How to Apply for a Vietnam Visa?
You can submit a Vietnam visa application through one of the following ways:
- In-person, at an Embassy or Consulate of abroad
- Online, if you are from one of the eligible countries
- On Arrival, after getting an Approval Letter online prior to traveling
Apply for Vietnam Visa at an Embassy or Consulate
You can apply for your visa from an Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam abroad.
- Contact the Embassy/Consulate to make an appointment or learn about any specific requirements. Find a list of the Vietnamese Embassies and Consulates.
- Collect the required documents for your Visa (see below)
- Submit the documents and pay the visa fee
- Wait for the Visa to be processed
- Collect your passport and learn about the visa decision.
- If your application is approved, the Vietnam Visa will be stamped on your passport and you can use it to enter.
ALSO READ: 9 Free Legit Online Caregiver Courses With Certificates For 2023 |Apply Now|
Things to note:
- Depending on what country you’re applying from, you may be allowed to submit your documents by mail.
- Depending on the purpose of your visit as well as the Embassy/Consulate, you may also have to submit a Letter of Approval from the Immigration Department .
Apply for Vietnam Visa online (Vietnam e-Visa)
You can apply for a visa entirely online only if you are from one of the countries eligible for a Vietnam e-Visa. To get a visa online, you have to:
ALSO READ: Top List Of Companies In Canada Offering Visa Sponsorship for Warehouse Worker Jobs For 2023 |Apply Now |
- Start an online application through the Immigration Portal
- Attach a scanned copy of your passport as well as a passport-size picture of yourself
- Enter all the required information on the online application form
- Pay the e-Visa fee (USD 25)
- Wait for the visa to be processed (up to three working days)
- Check this website to learn whether a decision has been made.
- If you received the eVisa, you have to download the PDF file and then print two copies.
ALSO READ: List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada For International Students In In 2023 |Apply Now |
However, once you get the e Visa, you can only enter the country from designated points of entry. It is valid for a single-entry, and for a maximum of 30 days from the time you intend to enter Vietnam.
Apply for Vietnam Visa On Arrival
If you will enter through one of international airports (as listed below), you can get a Vietnam Visa On Arrival:
- Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi
- Danang Airport in Da Nang
- Cat Bi Airport in Hai Phong
- Cam Ranh Airport in Nha Trang
However, to be able to apply for a Visa On Arrival in , you first have to apply for an Approval Letter from the Vietnamese Immigration Department. You can do so through one of the travel agencies or visa application agencies that operate with the permission of the Immigration Department.
- Online (through the website of the agency handling your application):
- Enter your passport information and the port you will enter through
- Pay the service fee
- Wait for the request to be processed (between 2 – 4 working days)
- You will receive the Vietnam Visa On Arrival Approval Letter by email
- A copy of it will also be forwarded to the Immigration Officers at the port you will enter through
ALSO READ: How To Easily Apply For Working Holiday Visa For Australia – 417 Visa: Requirements And Visa Processing Time
- Print the Approval Letter, and travel to Vietnam. You will also need at least 4 passport-size pictures of yourself (4 cm x 6 cm), your passport, and enough cash to pay the Visa On Arrival stamping fee.
- Queue up at the Visa On Arrival counters at the airport in and apply to get your visa stamped on your passport.
- Pay the Visa On Arrival fee ($25 for a single-entry visa; $50 for a multiple-entry visa)
How Long Does it Take to Process a Vietnam Visa?
The processing time for a Visa is:
- For a eVisa: About three working days
- For a Visa On Arrival: Between 2 – 4 working days for the Letter of Approval. It can sometimes be more, depending on what company you’re using to request the Letter of Approval.
- For a Visa at an Embassy/Consulate: It depends on the specific Embassy/Consulate.
What is the Duration of a Vietnam Visa?
Vietnam visas are issued for the following durations:
- Single-Entry Visa, issued for 1 month or 3 months
- Multiple-Entry Visa, issued for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year
The validity of your visa depends on the purpose of your travel. So, Tourist Visas are usually issued for a single-entry, whereas work or business visas may be issued for multiple entries for up to one year.
Once in Vietnam, however, if you have a Work Visa , you may be able to receive a Temporary Residence Card for up to 2 years.
The Investor Visa for is issued for up to five years.
ALSO READ: Approved List Of Companies In Canada Offering Visa Sponsorship for General Hand Jobs For 2023 |Apply Now |
Also Read: Verified Visa-Sponsored Fruit And Vegetable Pickers Jobs In Canada 2023
Also Read: Australia Carer Visas -Subclasses 836 and 116 Requirements, Differences, Application Process and Guidelines
Join our Telegram | Follow us on Linkedin | Also, Follow us on Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God bless and All the best !!