UNITED NATIONS (UNDP Pakistan)
27 April 2023
UNDP, as we know it now was established in 1965 by General Assembly of United Nations. Since then, UNDP has supported the successive national and provincial governments in this country in formulation of national strategies and policies, capacity building of institutions, community mobilization, early recovery from disasters and internal displacement, reduction of poverty, gender mainstreaming, environmental management, climate change management, restoration and preservation of natural habitats, income generation policies and empowerment of legislatures and parliament.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Fleet Supervisor the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. He/she demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
He/she provides driving services to the operations and Programme staff in the PMU Global Fund HIV Project, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
a) Driving office vehicles for the travel of authorized officials for official meetings and activities only, as well as delivery and collection of official mail, documents and other items.
b) Pick & drop for the project officials and visitors at the airport as and when required;
• Ensure cost saving by proper usage of the vehicle through accurate maintenance and to following fuel efficient driving, update of daily vehicle logs, provision of input to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensure availability of required documents / supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle log, and office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
• Ensure all immediate action required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement and accident.
• Responsible for safe travel and comfort of passengers.
• Maintains Logbook for all official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil change, greasing etc.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education (12 Grade)
- Minimum 2 years of driving experience preferably with a multi-national/ International Organization; valid driving license; Good spoken and written Urdu and moderate level of understanding English.
Required skills and competencies.
- Safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and Skills in minor vehicle repair.
Desired additional skills and competencies
- UN Experience would be an asset.
- Experience of driving armored vehicle.
- Experience with international or high-level missions is highly desirable.
- Experience in operating VHF will be preferred.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Good spoken and written Urdu and moderate level of understanding English
Please make sure to fill all the sections in the application form properly and the information provided should be complete and updated before submission of application form.
“Incomplete applications will not be considered for the next phase of recruitment and will be disqualified”
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
God bless and All the best !!