Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Job Post For Audio-Visual Technician (Team Supervisor) 2023- Apply Now
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Job Post For Audio-Visual Technician (Team Supervisor) 2023-The Audio-Visual Technician (Team Supervisor) coordinates high-level and specialized audio-visual services. He/she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of audio-visual service delivery, requiring in-depth knowledge of all systems and architectures in FAO corporate meeting rooms as well as other areas (catering, Atrium, terrace) where services are required.
ALSO READ: Approved Visa Sponsored Programming Jobs In Australia 2023/2024 | Latest Vacancies – Apply Here
The incumbent takes responsibility for coordinating and providing a large variety of support duties related to the preparation and execution of international meetings and conferences held at FAO. The Audio-Visual Technician (Team Supervisor) enhances the image, reputation and performance of the organizational unit, through his/her technical expertise.
The Audio-Visual Technician (Team Supervisor) reports to the Conference Officer. Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery. The incumbent effectively organizes and supervises other technicians and provides relevant guidance and training.
The Audio-Visual Technician (Team Supervisor) maintains a wide range of constant interaction with managers, staff and counterparts both within and outside the Organization to provide and manage audio-visual services. Work relations may be on a high organizational level requiring very good communication and experienced handling of issues. He/she seeks feedback to enhance systems. These matters are often complex, requiring analytic judgment and the ability to lead technical discussions.
• Enhance audio-visual services in FAO corporate meeting rooms, identifying requirements and proposing acquisition of equipment and tools and supervising their installation;
• Coordinate and ensure effective delivery of day-to-day audio-visual services, virtual meetings, simultaneous interpretation, web streaming and video conference;
• Manage and coordinate support on virtual platforms for all events and meetings including high-profile and flagship projects;
• Monitor, manage and update Simultaneous Interpretation Equipment (SIE), Web-streaming and supporting systems;
• Ensure maximum uptime and coordinate maintenance activities;
• Plan, supervise, distribute work and coordinate activities related to technical support of audio-visual services, simultaneous interpretation equipment and web streaming;
• Adapt technical support to programme changes to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of services;
• Liaise with equipment manufacturers and their technicians to perform upgrades and maintenance;
• Provide technical designs for updated systems;
• Coordinate installation, implementation and testing of upgraded infrastructure;
• Supervise training for designated staff as programme operators for short-term or temporary replacements and provide reports on their activities;
ALSO READ: Entertainment Technical Audio Trainer Jobs At Carnival Cruise Ship 2023 – Apply Now
• Distribute work and supervise audio-visual support staff and technicians recruited during meetings; prepare daily attendance and overtime recording;
• Maintain an archive of relevant information, technical set-up for Governing Bodies meetings, as well as meeting statistics;
• Draft technical documentation and reports;
• Keep abreast of developments in technology and recommend improvements to equipment and software;
• Perform other duties as required.
Impact of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth organization and performance of meetings held at FAO. He/ she plays a lead role in the overall coordination and provision of audio-visual services for the successful achievement of the organizational unit’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Five years of relevant experience in providing technical support to corporate meetings with interpretation, and on different virtual platforms.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
IT Skills: Knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsored x50 Nurse Jobs in Saudi Arabia 2023 |Apply Now |
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extensive knowledge of conference service meeting solutions both from an architectural/design perspective and from a hands-on operational point of view.
• Expertise in liaising with IT counterparts and suppliers in defining solutions and then building robust systems to support the different types of meetings requested.
• Thorough knowledge of the following tools and systems:
o audio digital transmission systems: DANTE and COBRANET;
o audio management systems;
o interpretation system software: BOSCH DICENTIS, TELEVIC CONFERENCE;
o voting systems and microphones management systems;
o digital recording systems;
o virtual platforms: ZOOM, TEAMS, INTERPREFY;
o video production software: OBS.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
• Experience in building solutions on current platforms.
• Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of Italian.
APPLY ON COMPANY SITE
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Cleaning Jobs in New Zealand 2023 – Apply Online
Join Our Telegram | Follow Us On Linkedin | Also, Follow Us On Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God Bless And All The Best !!