Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
- Acquire electronic data from computer systems, mobile devices, and servers in a forensically sound manner.
- Forensic Imaging and examining the hard drives of computers, storage devices, cell phones or any electronic device that may hold evidence that could be used in a court of law.
- Employ forensic tools and techniques to support the investigation of computer fraud, cyber-crime or other electronic crimes, crack files and system passwords, detect steganography and recover deleted, fragmented and corrupted data from digital media of all types.
- Analyze and interpret digital evidence such as e-mail, accounting data, various database extracts, and other information stored on electronic devices to develop information necessary to meet the objectives of the investigation.
- Observe proper evidence custody and control procedures, document procedures and findings in a manner suitable for disciplinary hearing or courtroom presentation and prepare comprehensive written notes and reports.
- Maintain accurate and complete information of forensic work on the electronic case/project management systems and ensure the archiving of evidence for long term storage.
- Participate in the execution of strategy recommendations for intelligence, detection, data analytics and data-driven financial crime investigations.
- Perform computer hardware, software, network, and Internet-related research to troubleshoot and maintain computer forensics laboratory equipment and network.
- Uses forensically sound procedures to identify network computer intrusion evidence and identify perpetrators of cybercrime.
- Create and deliver presentations internally and to outside groups related to digital forensics, cyber-crime and other technical topics.
- Actively participate in the Group Cyber Security Incident Response Team.
- As necessary, assists law enforcement officers to solve cybercrimes or find electronic evidence of other kinds of crime reported by Business.
- Performs any related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor of Forensic Science (BFS): Forensic Science (Required)