Netflix is committed to advancing and enhancing the support for Black representation in the Film and TV industry to the creative ecosystem of South Africa. To achieve this, Netflix is launching a new netflix Scholarship Programme for aspirant postgraduate students within the Film, Television or Audio-visual sectors. These full, one-year scholarships will pay for tuition, accommodation, study material and a living allowance for the 2022 academic year.
Selection Criteria of the netflix scholarship
- Qualifications: Students studying a one-year post-graduate qualification related to filmmaking and/or television.
- Minimum academic performance requirement (aggregate results): 60%
– Black (as defined by the B-BBEE Codes of Conduct) students, i.e. Black, Coloured or Indian.
- South African Citizens
- Closing Date: 31 October 2021
- Year of Study: 2022 Academic year
- Netflix will only consider applications made to the following tertiary institutions:
– AACA Film & Acting School
– Boston Media House
– Durban University of Technology
– Tshwane University of Technology
– University of Cape Town
– University of the Witwatersrand
– University of Johannesburg
– University of Pretoria
- Scholarship amount: Full cost scholarship (specific amount to be confirmed based on actual details of successful scholars). Netflix scholarship will consider a minimum of 60% female students.
Terms and Conditions
- Protection of Personal Information: Please do not proceed with this application if you do not agree to this statement.
- As of the 1st of July, 2021, all public and private entities must comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). The purpose of the Act is to put in place conditions for the lawful processing of personal information as well as definitions thereof. Tshikululu will only collect, process, transfer and disclose your personal information for the purpose of rendering its services (either to you or in relation to you), complying with your instructions or the instructions of your mandated/authorised official or representative, verifying your identity, detecting fraud and preventing money laundering, compliance with laws and public duties, monitoring the services provided in order to accurately carry out your instruction or those of your mandated official, to assist in improving Tshikululu’s service and in in the interests of security and crime prevention and analysis in order to assess and improve Tshikululu’s business or the business of Tshikululu associated entities and the services offered as well as for operational, audit, legal, and record keeping purposes. In addition, Tshikululu may collect necessary information from you directly, from your appointed mandated/authorised official or representative, any Regulator, or other third parties that may hold such information. By completing this application; Tshikululu deems the application as consent, and/or as having obtained consent from other parties whose details you have captured (such as references), to be used by Tshikululu as outlined above.
The official closing date for proposals is: 31 October 2021 at 23:59 (Central African Time).
Please note that no late or incomplete submissions will be considered.