Deadline: 31st of December 2020
Type of Job: Internship
Job Description Summary
The aim of the internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to gain real-life Finance work experience through a six-month rotational program in different finance functions at the GE Power Services. The selected candidate will have the chance to work in an international environment, support different financial functions to identify which area suits them best while managing key projects and challenges.
- Controllership: account reconciliation, balance sheet analysis to highlight risks for management,quarterly closing to make sure financials give the right information to stakeholders, change
- Management activities: such as business re-organization, LE changes, various IT projects (ERP development) and external & internal audits.
- Financial planning and reporting activities, which includes working closely with operational leaders and other finance teams to create a plan for headcount, functional cost, FX exposure, inventory related items (such as logistics cost) and analyzing the results to make sure that Supply Chain organization is meeting its commitments.
- Inventory related analytics, such as inventory valuation including FIFO and ICP Obsolescence calculation, inventory modification and scrap process ownership, inventory surplus/deficit review and support internal/external audits.
- Standard costing / Sourcing related financial support and analytics, driving projects which are targeting a more transparent P&L reporting structure and create consistency across the different units.
- OTR (orders to revenue) and inventory activities, such as sales order closeout due to WIP/CTC review, unbilled shipment review, and credit invoice authorization.
- Finance IT team’s responsibility is the ERP Finance support of Alpha ERP. This includes system support, report and data quality management by maintaining ERP setups, support Operations when ERP needs to be tweaked to accommodate the delivery, financial support in Alpha related projects with ERP design, development and setup activities.
- Lean – six sigma related activities: scoping, DMAIC phases (Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control), visioning, CTQ (Critical to Quality) metrics definition, as-is process mapping, waste type identification and problem solving to deliver simple/complex project initiatives, testing, training delivery. Practicing soft skills: presentations, decision making support, influencing and coordination.
- Ongoing studies (Finance/Accounting specialization preferred)
- Active student status (preferably for one more year)
- 30-40 hours per week working availability
- Fluency in English (additional Hungarian knowledge preferred)
- Strong user level MS office skills
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Analytical thinking
- Team player, communicates well
What we offer:
- Flexible time-schedule
- Flexible location (Budapest, Home office)
- 6 months rotations in different finance areas, groups
- Leadership presence/exposure (CFO staff pitch out after rotation)
- Work with and learn from subject matter experts
- Wing to wing ownership on projects
- Opportunity to convert most talented interns to full time employees
- Thesis writing support
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.)
Relocation Assistance Provided: NoInclusion & DiversityWe are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging. About GE Gas PowerGE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com