Call for submission for the 2022 Human Rights Essay Award is now open!
The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law.
2022 TOPIC: CLIMATE CHANGE AND HUMAN RIGHTS: IMPACTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND OPPORTUNITIES
The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options.
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.*
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review
*In 2021 the Program of Advanced Studies in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law was held virtually due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Academy reserves the right to determine if the 2022 Program will be held virtually.
- This Awards is open to all lawyers around the world regardless of their nationality!
- ONLY participants with a law degree Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) o equivalent by the submission due date are eligible to enter the competition.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2022 topic: ¨Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities. ¨
- Shall remember the essay must be an academic article with proper citations.
Important dates for the human rights essay award:
- Deadline for submissions: January 31, 2022.
- Winners Announcement: April 1st, 2022. (Website)