On 28th November 2018, the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) announced changes to its (IETS) English language proficiency requirements for overseas nurses and midwives.
We are looking for a registered nurse to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility includes tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A bachelor’s degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification are required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in home health care.
- Experience in the emergency room or intensive care.
Under the change, nurses and midwives wishing to work in the UK will still be required to achieve a minimum overall score of 7.0 in IELT. However, a 6.5 score in the Writing section of the test will be accepted alongside a 7.0 score in each of the Reading, Listening, and Speaking sections of the test.
The change took effect on 5th December 2018. The NMC has pointed out that it will consider IELTS test results that are under two years old from that date that meets the new requirements.
If you are considering working in the UK healthcare sector, please get in touch with us to find out more about the NMC change and how the British Council and IELTS can help you achieve your ambition.
- 23 December 2022
- NHS Jobs – Scunthorpe/Grimsby/Goole, DN15 7BH
- £20270.00 to £32934.00 a year pro rata
Are you newly qualified, or due to qualify in 2023? Then we would love to hear from you We are looking to recruit highly motivated, newly registered nurses, midwives, and operating department practitioners (ODPs) to help us deliver high quality, safe, and…
- 22 December 2022
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Trust – Scunthorpe/Grimsby/Goole, DN15 7BH
- £20,270 – £32,934 pro rata
A Vacancy at Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust. Are you newly qualified, or due to qualify in 2023? Then we would love to hear from you We are looking to recruit highly motivated, newly registered nurses, midwives, and operating department …
- 06 January 2023
- NHS Jobs – Warwick, CV34 5BW
- £27055.00 to £32934.00 a year PA
Special Care Baby Unit – Band 5 Nurses We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated registered General and Child branch nurses/ Midwives who wish to further develop their knowledge and skills in the specialty of neonatal care. The successful applicant …
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsorship Farm Working Jobs in Europe For International Applicants 2023: Apply Now!
- 15 December 2022
- NHS Jobs – Bradford, BD9 6RJ
- £27055.00 to £32934.00 a year £27,055 – £32,934 per annum pro rata for part-time
Nursing and Midwifery Recruitment Open Day- Newly Qualified Staff Nurses/Qualified Staff nurses. Are you due to graduate in Spring 2023 or Autumn 2023 or is someone with experience wanting to learn new skills and develop in another specialty? Are you qualified …
- 12 January 2023
- NHS Jobs – London, SW10 9NH
- £33790.00 to £53132.00 a year + On calls & London Weighting
WANTED: 1 x out-of-training Junior Clinical Fellow in Obs & Gynae, to cover a newly identified Deanery ST1/2 gap. The Gap opens on 01/02 and is currently running until 31/07, although the contract may be extendable to 12m if further ST1/2 gaps are identified …
- 06 January 2023
- NHS Jobs – Bradford, BD9 6RJ
- £33706.00 to £40588.00 a year Per Annum, Pro Rata
Nursing and Midwifery Recruitment Open Day- Newly Qualified Midwives/Qualified Midwives. Are you due to graduate in Spring 2023 or Autumn 2023 or is someone with experience wanting to learn new skills and develop in another specialty? Are you a qualified Midwife …
- 21 December 2022
- NHS Jobs – Eastbourne, BN21 4HY
- Depending on experience
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of general practice nursing care to the whole practice population. Key elements of the role are the delivery of evidence-based practice for patients presenting with a long-term condition and the provision of …
- 12 January 2023
- NHS Jobs – Woolwich, SE18 4QH
- £32466.00 to £39521.00 a year per annum
The post holder must be an RN (1) and is therefore bound by the NMC Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses, Midwives, and Health Visitors To work with support, within a multi-disciplinary team to provide continuing care to a specified group of patients from …
- 03 December 2022
- NHS Jobs – Maidstone, ME16 9QQ
- Depending on experience per annum pro rata
Adult and Paediatric Registered Nursing and Midwifery Recruitment Event Date: Saturday, 28th January 2023 Time: Please arrive at 9.00 am to make full use of the day’s events – the event will finish at 1.00 pm Location Education Centre, Maidstone Hospital …
- 10 January 2023
- NHS Jobs – Nottingham, NG7 2FT
- £20270.00 to £21318.00 a year per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the UK’s only Magnet-accredited hospital, renowned for delivering care excellence to its patients. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated health care assistants for day case theatres to join our friendly, …
FOR MORE JOB VACANCIES VISIT: UK CAREERS
God bless and All the best !!