Microsoft Software engineering: Graduate opportunities, Start date: Summer 2022
- Job number1216416
- Date postedNov 29, 2021
- Travel0-25 %
- Role typeIndividual Contributor
- Employment typeFull-Time
Location: Kenya, Nairobi
Start Date: Autumn 2022
Duration: Full-Time Graduate Role
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates ad students from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
We’re a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
- Applies engineering principles to solve complex problems through sound and creative engineering.
- Quickly learns new engineering methods and incorporates them into his or her work processes.
- Seeks feedback and applies internal or industry best practices to improve his or her technical solutions.
- Demonstrates skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment.
- Pursuing or has recently completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- A year or two of programming experience in an object-oriented language (C, C#, C++, Java, Python).
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
• For these roles we are only able to consider individuals studying at universities in Kenya
*We are focusing on individuals planning to conclude studying (having final graduation) in 2022.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away