NIGERIA TOURISM HACKATHON 2022: APPLY NOW!
11:59PM ON THE 4TH OF NOVEMBER 2022
A hackathon is an event where people engage in rapid and collaborative engineering over a relatively short period of time such as 24 or 48 hours.
What is the Award?
The goal of the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation in the next 3-4 years is to improve the country’s ranking on the WEF competitiveness index by solving some of these frictions using digital tools that will be developed at scale within 18-24 months.
Do you have ideas that can accelerate the growth of the domestic travel and tourism industry? Here’s an opportunity to develop digital tools that address some of the frictions experienced across the industry.
The #Tourism Hackathon Nigeria competition is open to all Developers, Doers, Dreamers, Makers, Designers, Entrepreneurs with Nigerian citizenship. The top 5 applications will be selected to the Developer mini-campus at the UNWTO Global Tourism Conference on the 14th to 15th of November 2022.
Which Countries are Eligible?
What Type of Award is This?
Who is Eligible?
What to build
Scalable applications anticipated from the participating developers should be built on top of flexible platforms, and must aim to provide innovative, safe and sustainable experiences for consumer and business travelers.
UNITED KINGDOM VISA SPONSORSHIP FARM WORKING JOBS FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS 2023: APPLY NOW!
You are expected to build applications that ensure parties in the Nigerian Tourism ecosystem can have user-friendly access and take into consideration Smart integration of information, Multimodal mobility services, Customized route optimization, with Sustainability for continuous improvements in place.
Your solution should present a functional user experience to anyone, anywhere, no matter how remote. This includes serving areas of low internet penetration and low smartphone adoption.
- Offers transparency to all relevant stakeholders
- Builds trust and confidence and encourages consumers to travel post-pandemic.
- Solves pain points for consumer and business travelers.
- Solves at least one or more of the problems faced by the industry (See the NTDC DG’s brief)
- Implements ideas and solutions that are safe and cost efficient.
- Are scalable and customizable for regional and local travel markets and customer segments.
- Are profitable and sustainable as products, experiences and, if possible, as businesses.
How are Applicants Selected?
- Originality – 30 %
- Innovation – 25 %
- Code Logic analysis – 10 %
- System Design and architecture – 15 %
- Ease of Implementation/Deployment – 20 %
What is the Benefit of Award?
- Winners stand a chance to win both cash and in-kind prizes
- Grand Prize Winners get an all-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain to represent Nigeria at the UNWTO Innovation Challenge
- Acceptance into Acceleration program
- Access to follow-up funding from BYCEP and partners
- Mentorship from BYCEP and partners
Other benefits include:
- Developer Badges for everyone that completes a successfully submitted app or web service
- Access to partner companies looking to hire developers
- Access to partner companies with project managers with experience building or managing Enterprise applications.
Can you join hackathon with no experience?
Hackathons are no experience required. Many hackathons even have prizes for the Best Beginner Hack — a hack created by a team who has never been to a hackathon before.
How to Apply:
HACKATHON applications are now open and you are encouraged to apply as an individual or as a team. Female representation on your team is an added advantage.
The deadline for HACKATHON application is 11:59pm on the 4th of November 2022.
Visit Award Webpage for Details
Also Read: DC GOVERNMENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE UNITED STATES 2022-23: APPLY NOW!
Also Read: GOVERNMENT OF CANADA VISA SPONSORSHIP JOBS 2023: APPLY NOW!
Join our Telegram | Follow us on Linkedin | Also, Follow us on Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God bless and All the best !!