Eligibility criteria minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Application deadline: 20 July 2021
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of PRECC Head of Unit or designated manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Project Officer – Youth Empowerment and Livelihoods will:
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of project activities and partners ensuring the achievement of project milestones as per workplan and in the quality expected;
- Manage the project budget in line with project milestones as per workplan;
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of project outputs and impacts; Regularly report on progress, best practices, lessons learned, success stories, beneficiaries’ stories and field observations; and Support and/or conduct studies and researches;
- Provide technical advice/guidance to project partners and implementors in areas concerning strategies, planning, management, implementation and evaluation to ensure smooth progress and quality in implementation;
- Support the team leader in exploring partnerships with NGOs, Government, Training institutions, employment service providers, UN agencies, and the private sector that will further business development, skills development, and job placement;
- Support the team leader in Identifying potential fund sources and support resource mobilization efforts.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree levelBachelor degree or equivalentEducational additional comments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Development Studies, and or Economics, and or Social Sciences, and or Business administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
Required experience36 MonthsExperience remark
- Experience with youth is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience at the National or International level in project management, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and sound knowledge about youth and development issues in the Zimbabwean context are further requirements;
- Previous project management/ administrative experience would be an added advantage;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Have affinity with or interest in sustainable development and youth, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertiseDevelopment programme management, Other finance, economics and administration related experience, Youth and sportsDriving licenseCompetencies valuesAdaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Professionalism, Working in TeamsApplication procedure* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 20 July 2021