SASOL ARTISAN GR 2 ELECTRICIAN (115162) JOB OPPORTUNITIES
15 November 2022
Sasol Limited is an integrated energy and chemical company based in Sandton, South Africa. The company was formed in 1950 in Sasolburg, South Africa, and built on processes that were first developed by German chemists and engineers in the early 1900s.
Sasol Career Opportunities: Artisan Gr 2 Electrician (115162)
Requisition ID 115162 – Posted 10/31/2022 – South Africa – Free State
Ref No: 115005
Closing Date: 15 November 2022
Artisan Gr 2 Electrician
Org Structure No:
Energy Ops – Sasolburg & Ekandustria Ops
City / Town:
Please note: Candidate can be appointed as Artisan Gr 2 up to Specialist Artisan depending on the number of years as a qualified Artisan.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As an electrician in the Wax, Chemicals, and Solvent area, you would be required to provide support to production by means of effective maintenance. A strong focus on continuous improvement is expected to increase the reliability of the assets.
Maintenance would need to be done according to the SAP maintenance strategies and procedures/regulations. As a member of the Wax, Solvents & Chemical electrical team you would be required to do standby duties, not only at the Wax plant but also at the Solvents. The successful artisan will report to the Electrical Foreman of the Wax area and would form part of a team of electricians.
- Install, connect, maintain, and commission electrical equipment
- Proactive identification of equipment failures in advance
- Conduct high-level fault finding, repair, and inspections on switchgear, control systems, transformers, DC Systems, Cables, Earthing Systems, Protection Systems, Heaters, Motors, UPS, VDSs (WEG, ABB & Siemens), and Classified Equipment
- Maintain personal safety and safety for others according to procedures
- Working Knowledge of Siemens Simocode overloads & Profibus installations and being able to do maintenance and fault finding
- Understands and read engineering drawings
- Standby duties
- Inspections and maintenance of classified equipment
- Utilize SAP in the maintenance environment (advantage)
- Participate in Risk Assessments(HIRA) and HAZOPS (advantage)
- Switching/ Electrical Distribution experience for LV and MV up to 11kV (advantage)
- Maintenance on LV MCC switchgear
ALSO READ: TOP LEADING JOB VACANCIES AT USAID FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS 2022-23: APPLY NOW!
- Maintain a safe working area and good housekeeping
- Job maturity
- Sense of ownership
- Must be prepared to accept challenges, responsibility, and accountability
- Able to work independently
- Experience required in chemical, oil, and gas plants.
- Switching experience
- VSD experience
- Profibus & Fault finding experience. (Advantage)
- Commissioning experience (advantage)
- Wireman’s license (advantage)
- Grade 12/N3 Electrical (English, Maths & Science)
- NQF 4 Electrical Trade (Must)
- Code 08 driver’s license (Must)
- Work on classified Electrical equipment
- Trade Certificate (Red seal) (Wish)
- Min 2 years experience in the Petro-Chemical industry
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Continuously develop self
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
TO APPLY VISIT THE MAIN WEBSITE: SASOL
Also Read: LIST OF BEST-PAID GOVERNMENT JOBS IN SOUTH AFRICA
Also Read: SOUTH AFRICAN REVENUE SERVICE (SARS) IS RECRUITING x20 GREAT VACANCIES. APPLY!
Join our Telegram | Follow us on Linkedin | Also, Follow us on Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God bless and All the best !!