Youth grants application
11.8% of people (more than 38 million people), including 16.1% of children (almost 12 million children) in the United States live in households experiencing food insecurity in 2021. This is a problem that can be solved, and kids are a part of the solution! YSA (Youth Service America) and Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation are looking for the best ideas from young people about how they can provide immediate food aid to help end hunger today while also going beyond food aid to help ensure people are not hungry tomorrow.
Youth Grant of up to $500 are supporting youth leaders ages 5-25 across the U.S. to turn their ideas into action and make an impact on the issue of childhood hunger. There is also an option to apply for a fundraising match Youth Grant, which includes $100 for fundraising-related costs and a $400 matching grant to a local hunger relief organization of your choice.
What are we looking for to be eligible for the youth grant?
- Proposed community service or fundraising projects should be youth led and focused on addressing childhood hunger
- Projects may take place in schools, colleges/universities, afterschool programs, youth organizations, nonprofits, or faith-based organizations.
- Projects that engage at least 50 other young people ages 5-25 as volunteers between March 1 – May 31, 2022, with some activity on Global Youth Service Day – April 29-May 1, preferred. (While we will continue to be flexible this year due to pandemic-related restrictions, projects with higher numbers of volunteers are more likely to be funded.)
- Fundraising project grantees will receive $100 grants for fundraising-related costs and a $400 matching grant to a local hunger relief organization of your choice in addition to the funds you raise (should have a goal of raising at least $400).
- Youth applicants should engage youth not typically asked to serve (youth with disabilities, youth who are struggling in school, youth from low-income or underserved communities, etc.) as volunteers.
- APPLY NOW
- We’re especially interested in projects that bring together young people, families, Sodexo employees, and other community members.
- We are also especially interested in funding projects that introduce long-term solutions to childhood hunger.
- Applicants must live in the United States and activities must benefit families & children in the United States.
- Grant funds may not be used to purchase food or meals to donate.
Applications are due on Friday, January 21, 2022 at 11:59pm your local time.