DEADLINE: Dec 15, 2020 LEVEL: PhD FUNDING: Fully Funded OPEN TO: Specific countries PLACE: Switzerland STARTS IN: Sept 2021 STATUS
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for PhD is offered by The Swiss Government via the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS). It aims to enable selected applicants to undertake a PhD at one of the 10 Swiss cantonal universities, the two Swiss federal institutes of technology or the Graduate Institute.
The scholarship is valid only for full-time PhD studies in Switzerland at a Swiss university. It is not valid for mixed PhD programmes (part-time in Switzerland and part-time in another country). “Cotutelle de these” under the joint direction of two supervisors are eligible for a 12-month research fellowship only.
- Host institutions: University of Basel, University of Bern, University of Fribourg, University, of Geneva, University of Lausanne, University of Lucerne, University of, Neuchâtel, University of St. Gallen, University of Zurich, Università della, Svizzera italiana, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ), Research Institutes of the ETH Domain (PSI; WSL; EMPA; EAWAG), Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) in Switzerland.
- Areas: Available field of study at Swiss universities and institutions.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
To be eligible for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for PhD, applicants must satisfy following criteria:
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree achieved before 31 July 2021 (degree certificate) recognized by the Swiss university. As a proof, the degree has to be submitted to the Federal Commission for Scholarships before the start of the scholarship.
- Applicant’s date of birth after 31 December 1985.
- Applicants must provide a letter from an academic host professor (including her/his short CV) at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the PhD thesis. Without such support, the application will be rejected.
- If an assistant professor supp