UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
INTERNATIONAL JOB SEEKERS
Applications are now open for the much anticipated TikTok Machine Learning Fairness Internship Program 2023. This is a Ph.D. Summer Internship opportunity that attracts interest from applicants from every continent
This is not surprising, because media is the leading destination for short-form mobile video globally.
As a leader in social networking, media says its mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
They have a global presence with offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Johannesburg, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
TikTok says its staff is humble, intelligent, compassionate, and creative. They create to inspire for more than 1 billion users on their platform.
TikTok leads with curiosity and aims for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes.
At TikTok, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join them and make an impact happen with a career at TikTok!
ALSO READ: How To Create A Job Search Plan In 2023
TikTok Ph.D. Summer Internship
TikTok is looking for talented individuals to join them for a Ph.D. internship for a minimum of three months, with the potential to extend the duration. The starting dates are flexible.
Internships at TikTok aim to offer students industry exposure and hands-on experience. Watch your ambitions become reality as your inspiration brings infinite opportunities at TikTok.
The TikTok Machine Learning Fairness team in London is working on challenging problems in the field of Responsible AI, specifically focusing on Fairness, Transparency, and Explainability.
Working at TikTok gives you the unique opportunity to do cutting-edge research and also offers you opportunities to deploy your model into production and affect millions of users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in cutting-edge research on machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems, search ranking, and other fields
- Collaborate closely with our research team and work in the ever-growing field of machine learning fairness and responsible AI. This includes but is not limited to AI interpretability & explainability, causal inference, and robustness
- Participate in model building, performance optimization, and project deployment
- Currently pursuing a relevant Ph.D. with a bachelor’s/master’s degree in computer science/mathematics/computational statistics or related subjects
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of three months
- Start dates are flexible and will be discussed during the recruitment process
- Passion for modern machine learning and cutting-edge technology
- Good programming ability, and proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python, C/C++, etc. (Python preferred)
- Familiar with commonly used machine learning algorithms and experience using at least one deep learning framework. (such as Pytorch, TensorFlow, JAX, etc.)
- Good communication skills, teamwork spirit, analytical skills, and learning ability
- (Preferred) Publications in top machine learning journals or conferences (such as ICML, NeurIPS, JMLR, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ACL, EMNLP, AISTATS, KDD, SIGIR, WWW, etc.) are a plus
ALSO READ: Full Scholarship To The UK With Visa Sponsorship For Teenagers In Africa, Latin America, And Ukraine
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives.
Their platform connects people from across the globe, and so does their workplace. At TikTok, the mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
To achieve that goal, TikTok are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities they reach.
TikTok is passionate about this and hopes you are too.
God bless and All the best!!