UNDP Paid Internships at the United Nations Development Programme 18 positions Apply
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a global organization working to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities, and build resilient nations. As part of its mission, the UNDP offers internships for students and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience in development-related fields. These internships provide opportunities for individuals to contribute to the UNDP’s work while also enhancing their skills and knowledge.
What are the benefits of UNDP internships?
UNDP internships offer numerous benefits, including:
- Exposure to real-world development projects: Interns work on various tasks and projects related to the UNDP’s mission, enabling them to gain hands-on experience in the development sector.
- Mentorship and professional development: Interns receive guidance and mentorship from experienced professionals, helping them grow both personally and professionally.
- Networking opportunities: Interns have the chance to build connections with other professionals in the development field, which can be beneficial for future career opportunities.
- Competitive stipends: UNDP internships offer competitive stipends, which can help offset the costs of living in the host country.
Finding current UNDP internship opportunities
To find current UNDP internships, you can follow these steps:
1. Visit the UNDP Website: Go to the official website of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at undp.org.
2. Navigate to the Job Section: Once on the UNDP website, navigate to the “Jobs” section. This section is usually located in the main menu or at the bottom of the website.
Why work At UNDP?
Working at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) can offer several compelling reasons:
Global Impact: UNDP is a leading organization dedicated to eradicating poverty, reducing inequalities, and promoting sustainable development worldwide. By working at UNDP, you would have the opportunity to contribute to transformative projects and initiatives that make a tangible impact on the lives of people in developing countries.
Broad Mandate: UNDP’s mandate covers a wide range of areas, including poverty reduction, democratic governance, climate action, gender equality, and sustainable development. Working at UNDP allows you to engage in diverse and multidimensional work, fostering professional growth and expanding your knowledge across various sectors.
Multidisciplinary Environment: UNDP brings together experts from different fields, such as economics, public policy, social sciences, environmental science, and more. Working in such a multidisciplinary environment provides opportunities for collaboration, learning from diverse perspectives, and gaining a holistic understanding of development challenges.
International Exposure: UNDP operates in over 170 countries and territories, providing you with the chance to work in different cultural contexts and gain international exposure. This global reach allows you to contribute to development efforts in diverse settings and broaden your understanding of global development issues.
Networking and Partnerships: UNDP collaborates closely with governments, civil society organizations, the private sector, and other UN agencies. By working at UNDP, you would have the opportunity to build a strong professional network, establish partnerships, and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders. These connections can be valuable for your career advancement and personal growth.
Professional Development: UNDP invests in the skills and development of its staff through training programs, workshops, and opportunities for advancement. Working at UNDP can provide you with valuable professional development opportunities, allowing you to enhance your skills, gain new experiences, and progress in your career.
Diversity and Inclusion: UNDP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. It values and respects individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. Working at UNDP offers an inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and mutual respect.
Job Satisfaction: Working towards sustainable development and making a positive impact on people’s lives can be highly rewarding. UNDP’s work focuses on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and promoting sustainable and inclusive development. By working at UNDP, you can contribute to these global goals and experience a sense of fulfillment in your work.
When considering a career at UNDP, it’s important to assess your skills, interests, and alignment with the organization’s mission and values. Conducting thorough research, exploring available job opportunities, and understanding the specific requirements and expectations of the role are essential steps in making an informed decision.
3. Search for Internship Opportunities ( 18 Opportunities available right now): Within the Careers section, filter for internships in the search section. UNDP typically provides a dedicated section for internships or entry-level positions.
4. Browse Available Internship Opportunities: Browse through the available internship opportunities listed on the website. You can filter the results based on location, duration, and area of interest.
5. Review Internship Details: Click on the internship listings to view detailed information about each opportunity, including eligibility criteria, application deadlines, and required qualifications.
6. Apply for Internships: If you find an internship that matches your interests and qualifications, follow the application instructions provided on the UNDP website. This may involve creating an account, completing an online application form, and submitting required documents.
How to apply for a UNDP internship?
To apply for a United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) internship, you can follow these steps:
1. Eligibility Criteria: Before applying for a UNDP internship, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria.
2. Submit your application: Follow the instructions provided on the UNDP website to submit your application for the chosen internship opportunity. This involves creating an account on the UNDP eRecruit system and completing the online application form.
3. Interview Process: If your application is shortlisted, you may be contacted for an interview. Prepare for the interview by researching about UNDP’s work, understanding the specific role you applied for, and being ready to discuss how your skills and experiences make you a suitable candidate for the internship.
4. Notification of Selection: After completing the interview process, successful candidates will be notified of their selection for the internship. If selected, you will receive further details regarding the terms of your internship, including start date, duration, and any additional requirements.
5. Acceptance and Onboarding: Upon acceptance of the internship offer, you will need to complete any necessary paperwork and fulfill any pre-internship requirements as specified by UNDP. This may include obtaining necessary visas or permits if the internship is located in a different country.
It’s important to note that specific details of the application process may vary based on individual internship opportunities and regional offices. Therefore, it is advisable to carefully review the instructions provided for each specific internship opening on the UNDP website.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry: Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News AND MORE!