United People Global(UPG) Sustainability Leadership is the world’s largest sustainability leadership training and applications for the Class of 2022 are open to young adults, from 18 to 35.
Since 2019 a total of 586 UPG Sustainability Leaders have been certified and already gone on to impact 14,000+ people in 108 countries across the world through the execution of mini-training sessions on positive action and the Sustainable Development Goals, and also through projects focused on their local communities.
In 2021, a year deeply affected by the global pandemic, United People Global certified 526 UPG Sustainability Leaders from a pool of over 4,000 applicants who received a free comprehensive training on leadership and sustainability over a course of 9 weeks. Upon completion of this program, 60 young leaders qualified for a complimentary and free training experience on Hurricane Island in the USA to further strengthen their capacity for positive citizen leadership.
UPG Sustainability Leaders are trained in both the methods and the issues to become ambassadors for positive citizen leadership on sustainability. Several incentives are designed into the application process to enable the Class of 2022 to be as impactful as it is diverse, including encouraging young people who work in organisations that care about sustainability to apply – and many other demographic groups.
Participants will have the costs of the program covered – Training material. Accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s hometown to the US);
All 500 participants will receive an online training and will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
P.S: Visas are not included in the costs of the program, and selected applicants are entirely responsible for covering visas expenses. UPG will send visa application letters to assist with the process (if necessary).
- Candidates must be 18-35 years of age;
- Candidates must be self-motivated, capable of overcoming major challenges and able to think outside the box;
- Candidates must be able to read, listen and communicate in English, but no language level certificate is needed;
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply;
- Candidates from all genders and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Organisations are also invited to nominate people to take part in this training. Simply scroll down the application page and find the ‘’ nominate a candidate’’ section
Application process :
Competition for the UPGSL is merit-based. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Individuals and Institutions of any nature interested in sending candidates are entitled to apply for the program. Before applying for UPG Sustainability Leadership, we encourage you to register as a UPG Champion (either as an individual or as an organization) as we prioritize champions who are engaged in UPG. Use the following link to register yourself or your organization as a Champion: https://unitedpeople.global/join/
When completing the application, please note:
• Applications must be completed online; applications that are mailed, faxed or emailed to UPG will not be accepted;
• Questions that are marked with a red asterisk must be answered;
• Individuals may only submit one application. If an applicant submits two applications using different email addresses, then the individual will be disqualified;
Deadline: 31 December, 2021 – 11:59 PM Geneva time (CET)