Women in News (WIN) Africa Leadership Accelerator Programme 2022: We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for our flagship Women in News Leadership Accelerator Programme.
Application Deadline: 14th January 2022
Eligible Countries: Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. If your country is not part of WIN Africa, you can apply for e-learning courses, and our WIN MMT scholarship via the “Online” tab.
About Women in News (WIN) Africa Leadership Accelerator Programme: WIN works with media companies and their high potential female employees to overcome the gender gap in management and senior management positions. The programme seeks to equip women media professionals in middle and senior management positions with the right skills, knowledge and attitudes to help advance their careers. WIN provides them with the support networks they need to take on a greater leadership role within their organizations and works with their organizations to create environments for high potential women to succeed.
- Applications are open for mid to senior level editors and journalists from Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- The WIN Leadership Accelerator is targeted at mid to senior level editors and journalists. Participants must have two to three years of experience managing people or processes and be working in the media sector – print or digital newspapers, radio and, in some cases, broadcast.
- We recognise that gender is not binary. All media professionals who are women identifying, as well as non-binary people, are welcome to apply to the Accelerator.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Women in News (WIN) Africa Leadership Accelerator Programme:
Journalists and editors who take part in the programme acquire new skill sets and build their capacity through a combination of Coaching, Training, Mentoring and Networking.
Specifically, successful applicants benefit from:
- One-on-one coaching to create a three-to-five year career roadmap
- Certified Media Management Training
- Gender Balance in Content Training
- Managing Sexual Harassment Training
- Leadership Hubs
Duration of Programme: 9 Months
How to Apply for Women in News (WIN) Africa Leadership Accelerator Programme: For more information on how to apply, please visit: here