Legal assistants, also known as paralegals, are legal professionals who assist individual lawyers or legal teams by preparing and prioritizing legal documents. They perform legal research, compile legal documents and evidence, facilitate interviews, and provide assistance prior to and during court proceedings.
Marvin Moses Law Office is looking to hire legal assistant with superb research and administrative skills. Legal assistants are expected to work well under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, legal assistants should be proficient at multi-tasking, intuitive and excellent communicators with a keen interest in providing accurate and insightful support to lawyers and legal teams. Top candidates will be experts in key legal concepts with fantastic organizational skills, great IT skills and meticulous attention to detail.
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsorship Automotive Apprentice Mechanic Job Openings At Auto Imports In Canada 2023: Apply!
Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research on cases and gather pertinent legal information.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
- Compile, proofread and edit drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
- Monitor, study and develop written summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals and other relevant publications.
- Assist with case preparation including opening and closing arguments, and aiding in court motions or pleadings.
- Daily record keeping with electronic and physical filing of caseloads.
- Analyze and summarize documents.
- Assist with the administration and management of workflow.
- Locate and interview witnesses.
- General administrative duties ie. answering correspondence and taking telephone calls.
Legal Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in law or paralegal certification or similar (essential).
- Two years of legal research experience.
- Two years of experience in drafting legal and business documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Lexis-Nexis, PACER, Westlaw and other legal research sites.
ALSO READ: International Registered Nurse (RN) Needed At Flint In Canada 2023 – Visa Sponsorship To USA
Marvin Moses Law Office
- Customer service
- Analysis skills
- Data entry
- Extended health care
Legal Assistant (Immigration Law)
- Answer telephone/email inquiries, screen calls, and assist lawyer with case work.
- Schedule meetings for clients and lawyer.
- Analyze client cases and assist lawyer to review and prepare various immigration applications, including both inland and offshore applications, (Eg. Express Entry, Temporary Visas, Sponsorship, H&C, LMIA, PNP, Pilot Programs, etc).
- Analyze client cases and assist lawyer to review and prepare various IRB proceedings and proceedings at the Federal Court.
- Perform office administrative activities such as mailing, filing, and data entry.
- Minimum 2 years of Immigration Law experience.
- Experience in other litigation law areas is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish, Farsi, Chinese, Vietnamese or Korean is an asset.
ALSO READ: Full-Time Elderly In-Home Caregiving Job Openings At Surework Home Care Solutions In Canada 2023: Apply!
- Attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills, and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills and research skills.
- Team player and able to work independently and productively.
- Prior work experience in immigration law.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Bonus and benefits may be available based on performance.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Immigration Law: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!