Montreal-based talent acquisition firm is looking to hire a highly-skilled tailor to construct, alter, modify, and repair garments for their customers at a Montreal-based talent acquisition firm, Evlv, who specializes in finding top talent in various industries, with a primary focus on the tech and consumer goods industries, is looking for a dressmaker/ dress designer for its fashion wholesale company.
The tailor’s responsibilities include restyling old or outdated garments based on customers’ specifications, sewing zippers, buttons, hooks and eyes, or snap fasteners onto garments as needed, and assisting customers in selecting suitable fabric. You should also be able to prepare completed garments for pick-up by ironing out creases and removing chalk marks.
To be successful as a tailor, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable of clothing design and construction. Ultimately, an exceptional tailor should demonstrate excellent communication, time management, sewing, and problem-solving skills to ensure that customers are satisfied with the tailoring services provided.
- Discussing design, alteration, or repair requirements with customers to ensure that their specifications are met.
- Taking customers’ measurements using a tape measure.
- Accurately recording customers’ measurements, instructions, and preferences.
- Attaching labels to customers’ garments to prevent any errors.
- Modifying garments according to customer instructions, which includes tapering pant legs, lining sheer garments, removing pockets, and adding padding.
An individual having a high aesthetic sense and craftsmanship can not only cause the brand’s each volume/ collection get succeed but also bring satisfied clients to the business. If you seem yourself suitable for the role, you are welcome to apply. Candidates must remember that this job position doesn’t offer visa sponsorship, but those foreigners who live legally in Canada and want a job to settle there on an employment basis can apply as International applicants, thus leading eventually towards employer’s visa sponsorship. Read on below to find more about Dressmaker/ Dress Designer Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
Details of Dressmaker/ Dress Designer Jobs in Canada for International Applicants:
- Job title: Dressmaker/ Dress Designer
- Job Region: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Expected Salary: $20 – $24/hour
- Visa Sponsorship: YES
- Job Schedule: Monday to Friday. 38 hours per week
- Employee Benefits: Yes
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Knowledge required: No
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday (on-site)
- Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Experience required: Would be preferred
Requirements of Dressmaker/ Dress Designer Jobs in Canada for International Applicants.
- Proven experience as a Sample Maker within the ladies’ wear fashion industry.
- Proficiency in cutting, sewing, and finishing techniques.
- Precision and accuracy in the creation of garment samples. For this purpose, the candidate should have strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot all mistakes in stitching and designing.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong Teamwork skills.
- Time management skills to meet customer deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to accommodate changes in design, materials, or production requirements.
Job Description of a Dressmaker/ Dress Designer:
- Collaborating with the design and production teams to understand the design sketch’s requirements and their technical specifications.
- Pattern making, cutting, sewing.
- Must know all finishing techniques to produce sample garments of the highest quality.
- Resolve all dress issues, such as fitting, sewing quality, fabric selection, or construction methods.
- You must keep your work routine organized ensuring that the most efficient samples are created within the specified timelines.
- Continuously assess your performance to improve your productivity in the sample-making process, thus also maximizing work efficiency and your sample’s quality.
How to Apply for Dressmaker/ Dress Designer Jobs in Canada for International Applicants:
If you are an aspiring immigrant and want to get sponsorship to Canada as a Dressmaker/ Dress Designer, you should consider the steps below
- Use social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, and other Canadian job search platforms like Job Bank Canada to search for Dressmaker/ Dress Designer Jobs in Canada for International Applicants.
- When you track the job of your interest set up an impressive CV and send a job application letter attached with your CV to Canadian employers of your desired field and wait for a response.
- If your job offer is accepted, you will be sent an offer letter and also instructions to apply for a visa.
- Your employer would submit a petition for sponsorship to the Canadian Home Office after your rate pay has been determined.
- Then a labor condition application will be submitted to DOL for certification.
- Further Employer will register for the Canadian Citizenship immigration service
- When the employer has carried out its sponsor petition candidate will be further advised to apply for Visa.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best !!