The role of a Costco cashier assistant is one that requires attention to detail and strong customer service skills. They are responsible for helping customers find the products they’re looking for, checking them out, and providing general assistance as needed.
Costco cashier assistants must be able to multitask effectively in order to handle all of the different tasks that come their way during a typical shift. They also need to have strong communication skills so that they can interact with customers in a friendly and helpful manner at all times.
Costco Cashier Assistant Job Duties
Costco cashier assistants have a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Scanning members’ membership cards to ensure they are valid and that member’s account balances are correct
- Processing cash register transactions, including scanning products and entering prices into the computer system
- Processing returns of products purchased at the store, including restocking merchandise and issuing refunds or store credit to customers’ membership accounts
- Scanning barcodes on products and entering product information into computer system according to company standards
- Processing new member applications, including collecting information about the applicant’s household size and income level to determine eligibility for membership
- Receiving and processing returns of damaged or defective merchandise
- Handling customer complaints regarding products or services
- Verifying that price tags are correct for each item sold in the store
- Accepting payment from customers for items purchased in-store using a cash register
|Costco Wholesale : Full Time Cashier AssistantBrisbane – West|
|Location : Bundamba, Ipswich 4304Full Time Position – minimum 38 hrs per weekFull Time Contract with Penalty Rates AvailablePosition Summary|
Packing member orders into boxes, and transferring member orders to a separate cart or flatbed after they have been scanned or keyed. Runs for items as needed. Proper safety procedures and standards. Maintains courteous member service at all times while monitoring a smooth flow of members through the registers.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
• Greets members, helps members load merchandise on the conveyor belt, asks member packing preferences, answers questions, relays information on special promotions, and thanks members.
• Transfers items not on the belt to a separate cart or flatbed as cashier scans items, placing barcodes up for the cashier when possible.
Assists with getting supervisor verification for high-ticket, Bottom of Basket, or non-transfer items. Packs member orders into boxes ad loads them on a separate cart or flatbed. Checks packaging for tampering and reports it.
Assists members with loading orders into car when appropriate.
• Retrieves items such as boxes, register supplies, and merchandise requested by members to keep lines moving smoothly.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the register and general Front End area. Reports and cleans spills and trip hazards
• When needed, retrieves carts and flatbeds from the parking area using a rope with clasping hook, pushing no more than
10 carts at once. Keep front of building clean.
• Follows proper Front End and general safety procedures and standards.
• Assist in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service to members, employees and suppliers.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
• Carts, flatbeds, large wheeled bins, clasping cart ropes, rolling mop bucket with wringer, mop, broom, click counter, 2-way
radio, pallet jack, trash compactor, cardboard baler.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry specific skills that candidates should possess)
RSA preferred (state specific)
Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
Cash handling (preferred)
Basic math skills
Other specific requirements:
? Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
? Full COVID-19 vaccination or medical contraindications certificate
* If successful, you will be required to undertake role & department specific training within specified timeframes
|Job Ref:AU2830W.000404Location:Brisbane – West|
God Bless And All The Best !!