The Immigration Caseworker provides information and assistance to refugees and other immigrants in the community on immigration benefits available to them through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
The Immigration Caseworker works closely with clients to assist them in accurately completing and filing applications with USCIS and continues monitoring and supporting their applications until the benefit is received. The Immigration Caseworker operates under close supervision with moderate latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inform clients and immigrants in the community about requirements related to applying to USCIS for immigration benefits including adjustments of status, travel documents, naturalization, family petitions, and replacement of lost documents. Provide monthly orientation sessions on immigration to all new arrivals.
- Assist clients to complete applications for various immigration benefits. Prepare, review, and when accredited, sign applications.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files with detailed case notes, enter required data into databases, and meet all case reporting requirements within established deadlines and standards.
- Process correspondence from USCIS in a timely manner, notify clients of correspondence received, and copy notices to the file.
- Conduct follow-up services and make appropriate referrals to external support services as indicated.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports and submit as required to IRC Immigration Technical Advisor and local management.
- Participate in required trainings to obtain Department of Justice Accreditation and continue professional development by regularly attending immigration-related workshops and webinars.
- Assist in immigration intern selection, onboarding and training; directly supervise interns on a daily basis.
- Support Immigration Coordinator in the planning and implementation of community outreach activities such as group processing events, presentations in community English and Civics classes, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- University degree preferred.
- Previous experience with USCIS forms and procedures a plus.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to exercise independent judgment responsibly
- Detail oriented, organized, able to manage multiple priorities and manage time effectively.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in a language spoken by the local refugee population preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Familiarity with immigration software a plus.
ALSO READ: Jobs For Personal Care Attendants At Prosper Immigration Inc. In Canada 2023 (LMIA Support)
TRUWAY IMMIGRATION CONSULTING
Our organization is looking for an Immigration caseworker. He/she should be proficient in the following applications:
1- Express entry, PNP, AIP & RNIP filing.
2- Study permit applications including doing applications to different colleges and lodgements.
3- LMIA application filing.
4- Visitor visa and extensions.
5- Refugee claims applications.
6- SOWP, PGWP & other types of work permit applications.
Other work-related tasks can also be given to the caseworker if required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: $16.50-$18.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- MISSISSAUGA, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Immigration consulting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-31
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!