Law clerks (Immigration Law Clerk – Associate) are legal professionals who advise and assist lawyers and judges. They conduct legal research and analysis, prepare legal documents, compile case materials, and write reports and memoranda in order to prepare lawyers and judges.
Vialto Partners is looking to hire a law clerk with superb research and organizational skills. Law clerks are expected to have an outstanding comprehension of existing law in order to clearly articulate legal information.
To ensure success, law clerks should be critical thinkers and have exceptional writing skills with a keen interest in fashioning credible legal reports to support lawyers and judges. Top candidates will display precision and accuracy with fantastic time management and listening skills.
Law Clerk Responsibilities:
- Assist and counsel lawyers and judges on their primary duties.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for specific cases.
- Conduct extensive legal research and analysis.
- Prepare memoranda and briefs with accurate information on specific cases.
- Provide assistance prior and during a court proceeding by preparing for a case and examining the related legal documents.
- Ensure that related case documents are properly ordered and available.
- Attend court sessions in order to listen to and record critical information.
- Supervise the work and activities of courthouse interns.
- Maintain and update law libraries, literature and documentation.
- Perform basic courtroom duties.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings.
Law Clerk Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in law (essential).
- Two years of work experience in a legal environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
- Fantastic document management skills.
- Organized with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Flexible schedule with a commitment to attendance.
- Critical thinker who displays accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent comprehension of the law.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Canadian Immigration Law Clerk – Associate
- Analysis skills
- Organizational skills
- Clerical experience
At Vialto we create the connections that build global careers and societies, bridging the gap between people and their aspirations. As the world of work continues to evolve, we are bringing together the individuals, ideas and technology to unlock business and human growth.
As a law clerk you will work as part of a team dedicated to preparing, developing and filing high priority immigration applications, with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manage end-to-end immigration matters for multiple concurrent applicants
- Facilitate the gathering of documentation and the preparation, review and filing of immigration applications
- Prepare responses to immigration governing bodies (i.e. IRCC, ESDC)
- Process high volume of immigration applications
- Provide guidance and support to applicants, acting as primary point of contact
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing, with clients and with internal colleagues
- Respond to guidance and direction from lawyers
- Keep up to date with developments in immigration practices and procedures
- Draft / prepare billing requests
- Apply knowledge strategically and drive improvements
- Take ownership for own work’s quality, compliance and technical accuracy
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and closely monitor and track cases
- Manage multiple priorities in the allocated time and meet deadlines
- Execute duties with significant attention to detail and maintain high quality standards
- Handle, manipulate and analyze data and information responsibly
- Identify risks or issues that arise on active cases
- Adhere to risk management and compliance procedures
- Maintain case management database
Consistently fulfill service commitments and put in additional time whenever required
2+ years of Canadian immigration law clerk experience required
- Its a Hybrd role.
- Up to date knowledge of Canadian immigration practices and procedures
- Working experience in Canadian corporate immigration law, including experience preparing work permit (including LMIA and ICT applications) and/or permanent residence applications (including Express Entry and PNP-based applications)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate integrity, bring escalated issues to the attention of the lawyer
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including in both in person and remote work settings
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and under strict deadlines
- An interest in digital upskilling and openness to learning new tools and ways of working
- Ability to effectively prioritize, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to share and collaborate effectively with other members of the team
- French language skills are an asset
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours may be required based on volume of work
- Paralegal or Law Clerk diploma / certification an asset
About Vialto Partners
Vialto Partners LLP is one of North America’s leading corporate immigration law firms. With more than two decades of experience and expertise in the niche fields of Canadian, US, and global immigration law, the firm provides a level of expertise, competence and strategic focus that ensures the best chance of success for corporate and individual clients worldwide. The firm’s Canadian immigration lawyers, US immigration attorneys and global immigration specialists have had the distinction of representing multinational corporations, as well as small- and medium-sized organizations and skilled professionals in a variety of industries, including but not limited to: energy, IT, R&D, manufacturing, engineering, entertainment, telecommunications and finance.
Globally, Vialto Partners is a Global Mobility Tax and Immigration Services Business, made up of approximately 6,000 people, including around 160 partners, across 41 territories. The practice services more than 3,000 multinational and distributed workforce clients worldwide.
Vialto Partners’ purpose is derived from the belief that they can make a difference in the world by promoting mobility and global careers as a positive force for good. Their purpose is to make mobility and global careers easy so businesses can grow, and societies can thrive.
Previously operating as the global mobility tax and immigration business of PwC, Vialto Partners is an independent organization dedicated to connecting people, ideas, and technology that can sparke meaningful change. With the investment support of CD&R, Vialto Partners is hyper-focused on a seamless cross-border experience for clients, while accelerating investment in technology and new services.
This is a once in a lifetime career opportunity to disrupt the market by creating something unique and transformative and to be part of this first mover story. This is a growth story, and this will provide unprecedented opportunities for you.
We can’t wait for you to get started!
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!