Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Vacancies For Forest Monitoring IPLC specialist In Multiple Locations 2023 – Apply Now
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment and a better life, leaving no one behind.
ALSO READ: Housekeeper/Vacation Rentals Cleaner Jobs In Canada With Work Permit 2023 – Apply Now
The Forestry Division (NFO) leads FAO’s work in promoting sustainable forest management and providing leadership on the environmental, social and economic dimensions of forestry, including its contributions to poverty reduction and food security and nutrition. Staff of the Division liaises with member countries, civil society and the private sector in aspects ranging from development of effective forest policies to forest conservation and management issues and strengthens the role of forests in climate change mitigation and adaptation. The Division also collects analyses and disseminates information on the world’s forest resources and on the production, trade and consumption of wood and non-wood forest products.
The incumbent will report to the Forestry Officer MRV, NFM team, under the overall supervision of the NFM Team Leader. He/she will work in close collaboration with the international Land Coalition (ILC), hosted by IFAD, NFO’s Forests and Climate Change team, REDD team, and the FAO’s Indigenous Peoples Unit.
This role will explore potential pathways for IPLCs to access emerging climate finance and lay out options to enhance participation. It will also address how forest monitoring tools can support IPLCs in advancing their community land rights.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assist in the assessment of capacity gaps of IPLCs, in specific in forest monitoring and MRV, that form a barrier in IPLCs access to emerging climate finance opportunities;
• Explore possibilities to facilitate IPLCs understanding of, and potential application to Carbon Accounting Standards, where applicable;
• Facilitate discussions with, and collect inputs and opinions from IPLCs and IPLC representatives on forest monitoring (and related climate finance and tenure issues);
• Support the drafting of informative notes on topics related to IPLCs, forests and carbon accounting, community-based forest monitoring practices, community land rights, and related topics;
• Collaborate with relevant teams and units in FAO, and key partner organizations, including Indigenous-led organizations, to bolster IPLC capacities for climate action;
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsored X9 Kitchen Steward Jobs In UAE 2023 (Apply Online)
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Social or Environmental sciences or a related study (for Consultants) / University degree in Forestry, Environmental science or a related study (only for PSA);
• At least two years of relevant experience in community-based forest management, community-based forest monitoring, and/or working with IPLCs;
• Working knowledge (level C) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian. Knowledge of one language only (English, French or Spanish) for PSA.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvemen
• Extent and relevance of experience in working with IPLCs;
• Extent and relevance of experience in social forestry;
• Work experience in/with developing countries ;
• Work experience in Free, Prior and Informed Consent process
• Knowledge of carbon accounting standards, payment for environmental services schemes and other climate finance is an advantage;
• Knowledge of community-based forest monitoring is an advantage;
• Knowledge of climate change negotiations is an advantage;
• Capacity for analysis and synthesis, and ease of verbal and written communication;
• Capacity to adapt to culture, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age
• Extent of experience with IPLCs in the forest context;
• Extent of experience in supporting developing countries capacity development activities;
• Experience in facilitating inclusive and participatory processes with IPLCs;
• Experience in National Forest Monitoring Systems, and/or independent forest monitoring with IPLCs
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsored Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada 2023 (Apply Online)
APPLY ON COMPANY SITE
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Cleaning Jobs in New Zealand 2023 – Apply Online
Join Our Telegram | Follow Us On Linkedin | Also, Follow Us On Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God Bless And All The Best !!