Host countries: UAE, Oman, Qatar, and Bahrain
Target: international applicants
Closing date: varies
Teaching Vacancies in Qatar
Are you an early childhood teacher or general high school teacher and looking for the opportunity to teach in and around Dubai in 2023 and beyond? Look no further than this article!
We have compiled teaching vacancies that are available for an IMMEDIATE start in the United Arab Emirates. We also have a list of schools that are accepting applications for the next academic year – starting January 2023.
Teaching vacancies in Dubai vary from kindergarten and primary classes all the way through to positions available in schools and higher education institutions.
There are also education management jobs in the sector and these range from the head of the department to job openings for principal positions.
Requirements for you to teach in Dubai
Most schools in Dubai that offer lessons in English do not require you to have any previous teaching experience. This is because full training is provided for you to acclimatize to the school.
The minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree in a chosen teaching field. However, applicants who have diplomas and other formal teaching qualifications are also easily recruited into schools.
Clear criminal record. Although visa authorities also vet applicants, schools make an extra effort to also ensure you present them with police clearance from your country before starting on the job.
Honesty and diligent work are traits that will make you stay longer and enjoy a teaching career in Dubai.
Salary and benefits
The recruiting schools in Dubai are privately owned and reward their teacher’s attractive packages, allowances, and benefits. This is why teachers from even Europe and the US are seeking jobs in UAE, alongside those from Africa, Asia, and the Far East.
As a teacher in Dubai, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Tax-free salary
- Bonus + End of service gratuity
- Fully furnished rent-free apartment (for high-end teachers and school heads)
- Water, electricity, and other utilities are free
- Free return ticket
- Savings scheme
- Excellent career prospects
- Full training provided
- Multicultural working environment with staff from dozens of nationalities
- Multicultural and eager students
Note that some schools add more to these benefits, while others may deduct from these. A lot depends on how you sell yourself as a good teacher and how broad your profile and CV is.
Duties and responsibilities of a teacher in Dubai
A teacher’s duties and responsibilities vary slightly from one country to another, subject to local customs and the particular country’s laws. We have compiled below the list of most common duties a teacher in Dubai must perform.
As a teacher in Dubai, you will be expected to:
- Enable the success of student academic achievement through the implementation of the school curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the school Point System of instruction.
- Have an oversight role for all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning and maintain a professional image.
- Ensure proper planning and follow-up for the academic progress of all students and works cooperatively with the Student Life and Student Management teams.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the Academic Quality Controller, as required by the school and governmental bodies.
- Report regularly to the Academic Quality Controller regarding students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for action and a summary of actions taken.
- Fulfill a requirement of 30 student contact hours per week.
- Ensure that the primary assignment is a specific grade level (including homeroom duties) or subject teaching to multiple classes in regular or intensive classes.
- You may also be assigned additional non-instructional duties such as proctoring exams or supervising recess or lunch.
- You must attend required school functions as identified by the administration.
Available teaching jobs
The following links have databases of schools currently recruiting international teachers in Dubai and the wider UAE.
Apply today at https://careers.sabis.net/UAE to kick-start your international teaching career. They have vacancies in Dubai and much of the Middle East.
Apply for teaching jobs at https://www.edarabia.com/jobs/new/teaching/in/dubai/ – they have a database of hundreds of vacant teaching posts for teachers in English, Sciences, Mathematics, Physical Education, Computers, and more.
Other portals which have active teacher recruitment in Dubai and the UAE for 2023 are:
We wish you all the best in your application for teaching in Dubai in 2023!
God bless and All the be