Professional Truck Drivers typically transport materials and goods among manufacturing, distribution and retail centers. Some also perform sales and customer service as part of the job. Other duties include inspecting their vehicles for mechanical issues relating to safe operation, and basic repair work. Use our free job description template below to create an ad that attracts great drivers to your company.
Canada Worker Trades is looking for a licensed truck driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Professional Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
Professional Truck Driver Requirements:
- Class A CDL or commercial driver license.
- Current TWIC card.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must provide current MVR.
- Must provide a medical certificate.
- High school diploma.
Professional Truck Driver
Canada Worker Trades
- High school diploma or GED
TRUCK DRIVER JOBS! LONG HAUL, GARBAGE DRIVER, REAR LOADER AND MORE…
COMPANY WILL SUPPORT LMIA FOR SKILLED DRIVERS!
Education :-Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience :-Verifiable 1 year
Security and Safety :-Bondable
Work Capabilities :-
Repetitive tasks, Overtime required, physically demanding
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Documentation Knowledge
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Driver logbook, Accident or incident reports, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports
- Load and unload goods
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Perform brake adjustments, Pay and receive payments for goods, Transport and handle dangerous goods
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled and fuel consumption
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch, Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!