Closing Date: On Going
To be responsible for managing the provision of specialist services to deliver sustainably
development, carbon reduction, and climate change adaptation across all corporate functions of
the Council. Deliver policy and outcomes for the Council on energy management, carbon
reduction and sustainability including the formulation, reviewing, and updating of an action plan
to meet the carbon-neutral aspirations of the Council.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to forward direction and service planning, financial management,
development of corporate policy, ensuring compliance with statutory European and national
requirements, provision of specialist advice, and ensuring the effective delivery of a program
of outcomes for the Council.
- To ensure that the Council meets its statutory requirements and to lead on performance
monitoring and reporting.
- To monitor designated budgets ensuring that the Council achieves value for money in all
circumstances through the monitoring and control of expenditure and the early identification of
any financial irregularity.
- Oversee the development of the Council’s policy on sustainability, carbon reduction and
climate change through the review and updating of the Council’s Climate Change Action
- Ensure that corporate plans and strategies comply with EU regulations and national
statutory requirements including CO2 emissions reduction targets.
- Undertake business development to assist in the development of a specialist service to
be offered externally to generate income.
- Support Service Planning and performance management across the different areas of
- Contribute to the management of the Council’s utility portfolio (electricity, gas, and water)
contract and examine opportunities to deliver savings and efficiencies.
- Manage the provision of specialist assessments including Display Energy Certificates for
public buildings, BREEAM assessment of new developments, Sustainability Appraisal of
planning documents, specific planning advice, etc.
- Prepare and present advice, training, and reports to members of the Council and
represent the service at appropriate committees.
newGMC Utilities GroupNorth Dublin, County DublinFull-time
- Bachelor’s Degree (environmental management/engineering or related degree is highly desirable, although not essential).
new local Government Jobs IrelandWexford, County Wexford€71,093–€88,727 a year temporary(c) have a high level of technical ability and experience in formulating, implementing, and managing strategies, plans, studies,
- or processes including…
- Applications from candidates with teaching experience and a research record in Plant Taxonomy and Biodiversity are welcome.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant subject area (Engineering, Project Management etc) with demonstrable experience in high-value energy or…
- Level 8 Environmental or Science Degree or equivalent qualification.Level 9 Engineering or Science Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Degree from an accredited university or college in computer science, business information systems,
Dublin, County DublinPermanent
- Prepare environmental regulatory applications and license
- Prepare or input into Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR).
Hybrid remote in Cork, County Cork
- An honors degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification in engineering or science.
Dublin, County Dublin
- Degree in science or engineering with an environmental component.
- experience working in a consultancy / regulatory…
South Dublin, County Dublin€80,000–€90,000 a year
- 80,000-90,000 09 Jun 2022 Dublin (South) Permanent. They are currently looking to recruit an Environmental and Planning Manager Manager who can work with their….
Hybrid remote in Dublin, County Dublin
- Hydrogeological ground investigations, including conducting and analyzing hydrogeological pumping tests and environmental monitoring.
new Nicholas O’DwyerDublin, County DublinPermanent+1
- Resource Management – Identifying key resources that are required for existing or future projects and coordinating with our tender and recruitment teams to fill…
new local Government Jobs IrelandWicklow, County Wicklow+1 location€71,093–€88,727 a year specified-purpose+1(b) Have at least seven years of satisfactory relevant experience in project management, town planning, engineering, environmental science or architecture,
- or other…
Optimize RecruitmentRemote in Dublin, County DublinFull-time
- Qualification and experience in a specific technical area such as chemistry or engineering.Preparation of EPA Waste/IED/IPC Licensing Applications or Waste…
Optimize RecruitmentNorth Dublin, County Dublin
- Qualification and experience in a specific technical area such as chemistry or engineering.Up to 25 days holiday.Creation of COMAH land use planning reports.
FOR MORE JOB OPENINGS VISIT: Environmental jobs
God bless and All the best !!