Work and Holiday Visa 417 to permanent residency Australia
Work and Holiday Visa 417 to permanent residency Australia
What is Work and Holiday Visa 417 ?
A working holiday visa 417 for Australia is a short-term visa suitable for travelers who want to work in Australia to finance their holiday there. Not everyone is eligible for this type of visa, and you must be younger than 30 years of age to qualify for a subclass 417 visa; though in some cases there might be expectations to this rule.
Can I Get Permanent Residency With Working Holiday Visa 417
Who Can Apply for a Work and Holiday Visa 417?
You can apply for a working holiday visa 417 if:
- You are from one of the following countries:
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
- Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport)
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- You are between the ages of 18 to 30*.
- You did not hold previously a visa 417 or working holiday 462 visa.
*This requirement may be waived if you are a Canadian, French, and Irish citizen- who can apply for the visa up to the age of 35.
Document Checklist for Work and Holiday Visa 417
For a working holiday visa 417, these are the documents that you need to include in your application:
- A copy of your passport pages. This must show your information details including the issue date and expiry date of your passport.
- A birth certificate. Your birth certificate must show your full name and both of your parents’ names. In case you cannot provide a birth certificate, then one of the following will be required:
- Family records showing names and dates of birth.
- Identity documents issued by a government authority.
- An official document proving your identity issued by a legal court.
- Evidence of your name change (if applicable).
- Proof that you have enough money to support yourself. It’s usually required for you to show that you have about AUD5,000 including money to pay for your arrangements to leave Australia after your visa is over.
- Documents proving your good character.
- Sign Australia’s values statement.
- If someone helps you with the visa application, then submit the following
How to Apply for a Work and Holiday Visa 417?
Here’s how you apply for a work and holiday visa 417:
- Open an ImmiAccount. You must apply online for your working holiday visa 417- Australia only accepts applications submitted via the ImmiAccount. So, if you don’t already have an account then open one and begin submitting your documents.
- Attach your documents. Since this is an online application, your documents must be scanned or photocopies of the original documents. If you have documents in another language, then you must submit an English-translated document with the original version. You can read more about getting your documents ready here.
- Pay the visa fee. Until the correct visa fee is paid, your application won’t be processed by the Immigration Department. Make sure that you submit the fee correctly via your ImmiAccount.
How Much Does a Working Holiday Visa Cost?
You must pay AUD485 for your working holiday visa. After you submit your application, you may be required to pay extra charges for any police certificates or biometrics.
Working Holiday Visa Processing Times
The majority of work and holiday visa applications are processed within 5 months. However, you may receive a working holiday visa as early as 85 working days- if you don’t submit a completed application, the processing time will be extended.
How Long Can I Stay With a Work and Holiday Visa?
You can stay for a year in Australia with a working holiday visa. Once your visa is granted, you have 12 months to enter Australia and use your working holiday visa- your visa becomes active as soon as you enter Australia. In case you don’t use visa 417 a year after it’s granted, your visa will no longer be valid and this time limit will not be extended.
Your working holiday visa will start the minute you enter Australia, even in cases you have another temporary visa or one of the visas listed below:
- A special purpose visa
- An ETA (Electronic Travel Authority)
- A crew travel authority
- A maritime crew visa
Can I Stay Longer?
You cannot stay longer with a working holiday visa. However, you may be eligible for a visitor visa that will extend your stay in Australia, but you must show compelling evidence why you need to stay in order to qualify for a visitor visa.
also read : 9 Free Legit Online Caregiver Courses With Certificates For 2023 |Apply Now|
Can I Apply for a Second Visa 417?
You may apply for a second year working holiday visa 417. However, you must meet the work criteria for your second year visa- this means that you worked for three months at a specific job that the Department of Foreign Affairs will count towards your second year visa 417.
Can I Bring My Family Members With Me on a Work and Holiday Visa?
No, your family members cannot apply with you for a 417, nor can they join you later on. In case you have dependent children, then you cannot bring them to Australia under a working holiday visa.
Can I Study With a Work and Holiday Visa?
You are allowed to study for four months under a working holiday visa. In case your study program lasts longer than that, you should apply for a student visa.
Can I Travel With a Work and Holiday Visa 417?
You can travel with your 417 visa as necessary, but your visa must be valid while you are traveling. Keep in mind that the time you spend out of Australia is counted towards your one-year validity period.
also read: Germany 8 Most Effective Free Ways for Foreign Jobseekers to Get a Job.
Can You Be Self Employed on a Working Holiday Visa 417 Australia?
Yes, you can be self-employed with a working holiday visa, but you can only keep a work contract for six months with the same business or company. You may also apply for an ABN (Australian Business Number) if you are self-employed.
After You Get the Work and Holiday Visa
Once your working holiday visa is granted, you must take care to follow a few specific requirements so that your visa is not canceled by the Immigration Department:
- While you are staying in Australia with a 417 or 462 visa, you must pay taxes. The income tax rate for working holiday visa holders is 15%.
- Your employer is obligated to pay your superannuation (retirement scheme) while you are earning a specific amount of money. Afterward, you can access your superannuation after you leave the country.
- Health insurance. While health insurance is technically not obligatory, you are strongly recommended to take out health insurance that may cover any future health problems while you are in Australia. Some countries have a reciprocal arrangement for health insurance with Australia, you should check if your country is a part of the agreement before you apply for the visa.
- Condition 8547- employer work limitation. Generally speaking, under visa 417 you may only work for the same employer for 6 months. You can access your work rights in VEVO (visa entitlement verification online).
also read : The 5 Best Engineering Jobs In The UK With Visa Sponsorship And Relocation Support Apply Now
Difference Between 417 and 462 Visa
There are three main differences between visa subclass 417 and 462:
- Eligibility criteria. In terms of requirements, you need to present proof of education for visa 462 while this is not required for visa 417. You must also have a letter of support for a 462 visa and submit proof of English language, but not for a visa 417.
- Eligible countries. Applicants from different countries are eligible for visas 462 and 417, this means that each visa has a list of specific eligible countries.
- Limitation caps. Visas subclass 462 are limited to a yearly cap for each country, while visa 417 has no such limitations.
Working Holiday Visa 417 and Covid-19
In case you are working in the tourism and hospitality industry and you were affected by the global pandemic, you may be allowed to apply for the 408 Covid-19 pandemic event visa. This visa will allow you to extend your stay in Australia for one more year.
You can apply for the visa 90 days before your current working holiday visa expires.
Join Our Telegram | Follow Us On Linkedin | Also, Follow Us On Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God Bless And All The Best !!