The DAAD along side the University of Oldenburg (Germany) are jointly organising the DIES (Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies) University Leadership and Management Training Programme (UNILEAD) in Oldenburg, enabling young managers at higher education institutions in developing countries to successfully tackle every-day challenges.
UNILEAD (University Leadership and Management Training Course) is an English-language further education program for University Leaders from Southeast Asia, East and South Africa, Central and South America and the Middle East. The aim of UNILEAD is to support the participants in the development, conception and implementation of innovative projects in the field of personnel and organizational development.
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) . The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education. It also awards grants to German……
DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme
- Type Postgraduate
- Organization German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline October 11, 2021
Aim and Benefits of DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme
- Course costs for participation in UNILEAD.
- Travel costs: Flights to and from Germany (Economy class) and ground travel to and from Oldenburg (2. Class train). They kindly ask the participants to make their own travel arrangements – they will then be reimbursed in cash upon arrival in Oldenburg.
- Accommodation (including breakfast) and some joint meals at the two contact phases in Germany.
- Emergency health insurance during the contact phases.
Requirements for DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme Qualification
- Open to 30-40 year-old junior leaders from universities who are active in the management of universities (e.g. program management,
quality management, human resources, advanced training, etc.);
- Applicants should have a Masters Degree;
- A maximum of 4 years of professional experience in university management;
- Very good English language skills (oral and written) are essential;
- International experience is an advantage.
Documents Required for Application
- Application Form including a clear practice-oriented Project Proposal – using the online-form provided on the website.
- Letter of Motivation including date and signature – uploaded to the online-application form as PDF file.
- Letter of Recommendation from university top management (President/Rector or Vice-Chancellor/Vice-Rector of the university) including date and signature. The letter should describe and emphazise the managerial qualifications and leadership competencies, the future potential of the candidate – uploaded to online-application form as PDF file.
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) will be an asset (PDF-file).
October 11, 2021