89 UN-paid internships for January 2024: Apply
The United Nations (UN) is a global organization that aims to promote peace, security, and sustainable development across the world. One of the ways the UN achieves this is through the recruitment of interns who work in various departments and agencies, contributing to the organization’s mission. These internships provide invaluable opportunities for individuals to gain experience and exposure to the workings of the UN while contributing to the global mission of promoting peace, human rights, and sustainable development. In this post, we will discuss the various UN internships available, the open internship opportunities, and the online application process.
UN Internships: An Overview
The United Nations offers a wide range of internships in various fields, such as economics, law, political affairs, public information, and human rights. These internships last for a period of three to six months, depending on the program and the host UN entity. Interns work alongside experienced professionals, gaining practical experience and developing valuable skills in their chosen field.
Open Internship Opportunities
There are numerous open internship opportunities available at the United Nations. These opportunities can be found on the UN’s official website, which lists current vacancies for internships and other positions. To find available internships, visit the following link: https://careers.un.org/Internships ( 89 Internship opportunities are available right now!)
Here, you can search for internships based on your desired location, job title, and other criteria. The UN also offers several specialized programs, such as the UN Young Professionals Program (YPP), which focuses on attracting young talents from diverse backgrounds to join the UN Secretariat.
Benefits of UN Internships
UN internships offer numerous benefits, including:
- Gain valuable experience: Interns have the opportunity to work on real-life projects and tasks, enhancing their professional skills and knowledge.
- Networking opportunities: Interns work closely with experienced professionals, expanding their professional network and building long-lasting connections.
- Exposure to an international environment: Working at the UN exposes interns to diverse cultures and work environments, fostering cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Competitive remuneration: UN internships provide a stipend to cover living expenses, as well as health insurance and other benefits.
Online Application Process
To apply for a UN internship, follow these steps:
- Visit the UN Careers website (https://careers.un.org/) and create an account.
- Complete your personal profile, including your education, work experience, and language skills.
- Search for internships based on your preferences and apply for the ones that match your qualifications and interests.
- Submit your application and await a response from the UN regarding the next steps in the recruitment process.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!