Scotland Saltire Scholarships are open to international students who are the citizens of Canada, China, Japan, Pakistan, India, and the USA. Moreover, the main aim of this scholarship is to encourage bright, talented, and hardworking individuals to live, work, and study in Scotland. Furthermore, the scheme awards students who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers, have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and have a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
The course must be a postgraduate Masters’s level course in one of the following subject areas. Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance-learning, or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of either Canada, China (including Hong Kong), Japan, India, Pakistan or the USA in order to apply for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2020. In addition to that, candidates must have the following qualifications
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course before an application can be considered.
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate in Scotland. Similarly, candidates must not be a previous recipient of a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course and complete an application form and submit it by the closing date.
To be eligible for Scotland Saltire Scholarships, applicants must also demonstrate
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2020 covers £8,000 towards tuition fees for International Students.
In order to apply, candidates must apply for through Saltire Scholarship through the online application form on the Saltire Scholarships website.
The Saltire Scholarship application process for 2020/21 is now open. Due to ongoing uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, scholarship providers have extended the closing date for applications. Applications will now close at midnight on 31 July 2020.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Open to||International Students|
Official link https://www.scotland.org/study/saltire-scholarships