The Technology Manager is responsible for the technical, maintenance and smooth operation of all onboard IT operations, systems and support software. This hands-on role ensures that all regular maintenance of onboard IT systems is maintained efficiently with all updates and replications performed with a proactive approach.
The gatekeeper for compliance, satellite connectivity and IT Network integrity, this leader is fully conversable with all company IT systems, platforms and applications. The Technology Manager is the senior point of contact onboard for all guest and employee technology questions, issues and support.
Recruiter: The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
Category: IT Jobs
Position: Systems Manager
Technology Manager (Shipboard) Jobs At The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection 2023
Technology Manager (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Provides maintenance and ongoing support for all servers, computers, tablets, networks and users onboard
- Proactively monitors the health of all network systems and applications on a daily basis to ensure maximum up time
- Ensures regular and scheduled backups of all server-based systems onboard
- Supports all embarkation and debarkation processes as relates to IT, system connectivity and communication with all PMS and POS related software. Oversees set-up, monitoring, and break down of embarkation check-in equipment and operations
- Monitors all guest and employee wi-fi bandwidth and ensures compliance with all corporate policies and procedures
- Partners with the Nautical and Technical teams to ensure synergy of onboard systems and communications. Works in conjunction with key stakeholders to ensure reliability, integrity and availability/automation of all systems throughout the vessel
- Ensures all guest and employee technology, communication and media are provided to the optimum capacity at all times
- Provides governance and oversight of all network storage (music, files, photographs) and company policies as relates to usage of the internet and reports out on “out of policy” trends
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of shipboard technology and IT operations including, but not limited to, procedures, server infrastructure, network infrastructure and telephony, primary and secondary satellite communications, workstations (desktops and laptops), portable devices and all associated peripherals
- Escalates, reports, and tracks high and critical issues to appropriate shipboard and shoreside management
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on a regular basis, incident tickets of all priorities in the shipboard and shoreside incident management systems
- Reviews, implements – where applicable – and ensures completion of all change requests for shipboard systems
- Interfaces with shipboard department and division heads and shoreside operational areas, including GPS, serving as a professional ambassador for IT
- Self-audits department for adherence to IT and Company policies, practices, and service levels including IT Compliance regulations such as SOX, PCI and HIPAA
- Provides after-hours support for IT-related issues
- Responsible for logging all time and work as well as reviewing incident tickets in the onboard incident management system and monitor respective technician’s queue
- Prepare requisitions and forwards to Hotel Director for final approval. Requires the items be requisitioned in correct quantities, within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established control procedures
- Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste
- Answers inquiries pertaining to IT and general information. Responds to escalated departmental and/or guest complaints professionally through enlivening the Gold Standards. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction
- May be asked to participate as a member of the shipboard executive committee to solve organizational issues onboard the vessel
ALSO READ: Job Openings For Immigration Caseworker X13 At Truway Immigration Consulting In Canada 2023: Apply!
- Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
- Sets the department’s expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- A minimum of three years in a technical support role
- Fully proficient in all aspects of our complex Infrastructure; Server, Network, Security, Storage, PBX, DECT, Satellite, GSM, Wi-Fi, PC’s, including software applications and hardware
- Working knowledge of networking applications not exclusive to Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory Administration, SQL Server, TCP/IP network troubleshooting, MXP
- Able to provide complex user support on Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Printer and Scanner configuration and all job-related applications
- Able to lead the troubleshooting and diagnostics of computer hardware issues and all network communication issues
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best !!