30 June 2023
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Jobs For Contractor Graphic Design Services 2023-UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please Submit your application directly on the UNDP online supplier portal as described below:
Link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org, Click-View Active Negotiations, Search with Negotiation Number: UNV-00070, then Create response.
!!!!!!Please note that only the application submitted in UNDP online supplier portal is accepted!!!!!!
Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration.
The United Nations Volunteers programme (UNV) administered by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) currently requires an individual contractor for Graphic Design Services to perform the work described in this document.
In consideration of your qualifications, we are hereby inviting you to submit an offer for this particular assignment.
Should you be interested and decide to submit an offer for this assignment, kindly submit directly in the online supplier portal no later than the deadline indicated in the system.
Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration. If you are new registered for IC, the company name should be the name of individual.
If any discrepancy between the deadline in the system and in the deadline indicated elsewhere, the deadline in the system prevails.
We look forward to your favourable response and thank you in advance for your interest in working with UNV.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme in Bonn, Germany, is seeking a graphic designer to provide comprehensive design services to support its advocacy and outreach activities. The scope of work includes four main parts:
- Development of a new design concept based on the existing UNV brand book that unifies and strengthens the UNV brand globally. To ensure seamless accessibility in all six UNV regions, the package must be compatible with both Adobe CC with adaptable for online graphic design tool (Canva or another). The selected creative tool should be user-friendly and easily accessible for all regions.
- Creation of fifteen (15) draft design samples based on the approved design concept.
- Finalization of the 15 design drafts and creation of 156 final editable materials of the promotional package, such as three (3) brochures, five (5) slide decks, twenty-five (25) one-pagers, twenty (20) flyers, ten (10) bookmarks, two (2) business cards with QR code, fifteen (15) mock-ups for marketing emails, forty (40) social media cards and thirty-six (36) people figure (six (6) representing each UNV region). In total, one hundred fifty-six (156) items.
- Execution of a small training session. A small training session will be conducted for the UNV team to effectively utilize the selected creative tool for editing the final materials. The purpose of this training is to ensure that all materials within the new package can be seamlessly customized for use in various languages and countries.
UNV brand has recently undergone decentralization, which has resulted in the loss of its strong visual and brand identity. As a result, there is a pressing need to develop new promotional materials that focus on the strength of the UNV offer. These materials will help unify and strengthen the brand, which is essential for maintaining a strong market position and recognizability of the UNV brand.
Starting date – 15th of June 2023
- Development of a new design concept based on the existing UNV brand book that unifies and strengthens the UNV brand globally. The designer will also have to identify a graphic design platform that can be easily used across six UNV regions by non-designers
- Analise the existing UNV brand book, public platforms, social networks visual identities by reviewing the existing collection of branded materials that are being circulated across all six UNV regions.
- Propose a new design concept based on the existing UNV brand book and the conducted analyses. The concept should focus on highlighting the strengths and unique selling points of the UNV program, such as its commitment to sustainable development, inclusivity, diversity, etc. A conceptual briefing will be provided by the UNV team.
- Approve the concept with the UNV Communications team.
- Brainstorm and offer which online graphic design tool (Canva or another) can be the most user-friendly for the users of the promotional materials (Communications Associates and their teams in the fields) so that any materials can be easily adjusted and changed into the local language and with local data by non-designers.
Due date: 30th of June 2023
2. Creation of fifteen (15) draft design samples based on the approved design concept.
- Produce fifteen (15) draft design samples based on the messaging provided by Communications Project Lead (UNV Communications team member).
- Work with the Project Lead closely to clarify details, mitigate risks in template future usage, foresee potential bottlenecks, and correct if necessary.
- Together with Project Lead, check the usability of proposed drafted templates of materials in the proposed online graphic design tool (Canva or another). Test the suggested editing tool with the team of Communications Associates and their teams in the fields
Due date: 15th of July 2023
3. Finalization of the fifteen (15) design drafts and creation of one hundred thirty (156) final editable materials of the promotional package such as brochures, flyers, and other promo collateral listed below.
- The promotional materials should be designed with a consistent visual identity that reflects the UNV brand, while also being adaptable to local cultural differences and being gender balanced.
- The designer must consider various aspects of design, such as colour schemes, typography, layout, imagery, and overall aesthetics, to ensure that the promotional materials align with the brand and effectively communicate the desired message to the target audience.
- Together with the Project Lead, the designer should also ensure that the promotional materials are consistent in branding and messaging across all formats.
- In addition to creating visually attractive designs, the designer should also consider the usability and functionality of the promotional materials. For example, ensuring that the design is accessible and easy to read for individuals with disabilities, or ensuring that the materials are optimized for various screen sizes and devices.
Key selection criteria are:
- Proven experience in producing minimalistic, modern, and uncluttered designs with the use of software such as Adobe CC, Illustrator, CorelDraw, or other web design tools (30%)
- Proven experience in converting high-resolution design materials to user-friendly templates for further easy editing and corporate use by non-designers (Canva or similar tool) (30%)
- Proven experience working with UN agency (10%)
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best !!