World Food Programme (WFP) Jobs For IT Operations Officer P3 – Goma, DRC 2023 – Apply Online
15 June 2023
World Food Programme (WFP) Jobs For IT Operations Officer P3 – Goma, DRC 2023-WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
ALSO READ: Housekeeper/Vacation Rentals Cleaner Jobs In Canada With Work Permit 2023 – Apply Now
Are you an experienced Information Technology specialist with coordination and project management experience interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Thursday, 15 June 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
As one of the main humanitarian actors, WFP has the opportunity and the obligation to leverage data and technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming the way it works. Such ambition led to a plan aimed at establishing, integrating, and mainstreaming the core elements of an end-to-end digital business process.
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsored X9 Kitchen Steward Jobs In UAE 2023 (Apply Online)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Participate in the development of plans, budgets and policies, and lead the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Develop and maintain IT/TC systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and enabling users to get maximum benefits from them.
- Implement and test new hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; install any technology upgrades as required.
- Develop technical specifications and tender documents, and manage contracts with service providers, to facilitate procurement of IT/TC equipment and services at minimum cost, in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and prepare reports on IT/TC activities, investments and costs, identifying trends/issues and proposing solutions to increase cost-efficiency.
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge of industry developments, and develop skills within specific areas of competence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- Five years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in IT operations with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Fluency (level C) in French language.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
ALSO READ: Visa Sponsorship Construction General Workers Jobs X12 In Malaysia 2023- Apply Online
APPLY HERE ON COMPANY SITE
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Cleaning Jobs in New Zealand 2023 – Apply Online
Join Our Telegram | Follow Us On Linkedin | Also, Follow Us On Twitter. | Join Our Whatsapp Group
God Bless And All The Best !!