UNIVERSITY OF RWANDA SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY MASTERS PROGRAMMES IN DATA SCIENCE (ACE-DS) 2021-2022
Apply for the University of Rwanda Scholarships to Study Masters Programmes in Data Science (ACE-DS) for 2021-2022
Deadline: 31 July 2021
The University of Rwanda (UR) through its African Center of Excellence in Data Science (ACE-DS) at College of Business and Economics (CBE) is offering Masters programs in Data Science with the following exit award:
- Master of Science in Data Science in Data mining,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Econometrics,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Biostatistics,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Demography,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Actuarial Science
This program lasts for 24 months and requires full-time by coursework (courses will be offered in a modular basis) and dissertation in day program
To be admitted, interested candidates must have:
A minimum Second-Class Honors Upper Division Degree or Second-Class Honors, Lower Division Degree with experience of three years in data management and analysis in the discipline of mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science and other related disciplines from any recognized Institution.
Required documents for application
- A cover letter indicating for which program of study the application is being made and description of the motivation to join the program
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Notarized Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant.
- Support letter from employer (if any).
- Copies of valid identification card and/or passport.
- Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
- Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their respective countries.
Completeness and accuracy of required documents (see previous section)
There are 10 scholarship opportunities available in ACE-DS on a competitive basis (highest marks) for eligible candidates.
Self-sponsored and candidates with sponsorship from employers or other organisations are encouraged.
- Go to UR website (www.ur.ac.rw)
- Go to admission, Applicant Portal and Click to (New Application)
- Fil the biographical form and click (Save) at the end you will get “Your Student ID Reference Number”. Please keep this ID Number as it will be your ID Identification for transactions at UR.
- Create a PIN of 5 numeric digits, do not start with a 0 (this PIN will serve as your password to access your student account), leave the page and open the link below.
- Candidates are requested to submit all required documents by using the following link: pgfile.ur.ac.rw/pgfile/findme.php
NB:- All documents must be in PDF
If all required documents are not submitted, you cannot go to the next step.
When your submissions succeeds, a message will be sent to your email box.
For any additional information, clarifications or inquiry, please do not hesitate
- Mr. Charles NZARAMYIMANA, Tel: (+250) 788456452 and for more
information, please visit ACE-DS website: https://www.aceds.ur.ac.rw
- Jocelyne MUTAGANDA, UR Postgraduate Studies Officer.], Tel: (+250)
786147759; email: email@example.com
CLICK HERE to join Campus lifestyle Updates Whatsapp Group (If you are already in one of our WhatsApp groups, then there is no need to join)
Please follow Campus lifestyle on: Twitter | Facebook