Scholarships are available to students enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato.
Application Deadline: Applications for 2022 & 2023 can be submitted at any time
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): New Zealand
Eligible Field of Study: Courses offered at the University
About the Award: The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling into foundation, undergraduate, or postgraduate programmes for the first time at the University of Waikato.
University of Waikato
The University welcomes applications for the Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship from international students who are new to studying at Waikato, and who are currently in New Zealand or will be coming to study here for face-to-face study in 2022/2023. The University is currently reviewing its suite of scholarships and discounts for 2023 and will update this information as soon as the review is completed.
Students who study online with the University are not eligible to apply for the International Excellence Scholarship, with the exception of students who choose to study at the Waikato China Learning Centre (CLC) at Hainan University.
All new international students (excluding CLC students) who wish to commence their studies online in 2022 will instead be automatically awarded a 20% discount on their tuition fees and will receive a travel grant once the borders have reopened and they transfer to New Zealand for face-to-face studies.
Offered Since: 2015
Type: Entrance/School Leaver, Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught)
Eligibility: This Scholarship is intended to support talented international students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the Uni Waikato. The Scholarships have a value of up to NZD$20,000, and will be awarded to successful applicants who demonstrate excellent academic achievement.RELATED POSTS
- The Scholarships will be offered on the basis of academic merit and future potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
- Applications will be short-listed by the University’s International Regional Managers’ and forwarded to the Selection Panel.
- The Selection Panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director – International (or their nominees) and will regularly meet to assess applications.
- The Selection Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the selection meeting.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: $20 000 towards tuition fees
Duration of Scholarship: The Scholarship is tenable only within the year for which it is awarded.
How to Apply:
- Applications for the Scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed online form.
- Applications can be submitted at any time prior to the start of the programme in which the applicant is holding an offer for. However, it is strongly recommended that applications are submitted at least six weeks prior to the start of the applicant’s foundation or degree programme.
- Applications must be submitted along with:
- an Application to Enrol (ATE) to the University of Waikato and must include a grading scale of your qualifications (this can normally be found on the reverse side of your academic transcripts), OR a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
- a personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
Award Provider: University of Waikato
Important Notes: Successful candidates will receive a Scholarship offer which is valid for 4 weeks. Students must confirm their acceptance of the Scholarship by the date requested in the offer letter or the Scholarship will be reallocated to another student. Upon confirmation, the recipient will receive an official Scholarship letter to include with their Immigration New Zealand visa application.
Also, Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/CampusLifestyl4
Join our Telegram Group for updates https://t.me/opportunitiesPublic